Camero, 07

This is the bonus chapter that you guys helped me complete during the "Write With Me" session last KumuPH livestream (August 3, 2021)! 

Thank you to everyone who watched. Again, don't forget to download KUMU and follow @WattpadPH to get a chance to interact with your favorite Wattpad Stars. I hope you like it!

Note: This chapter will only be here on Wattpad. 

***

"Fucking alarm clock." 

I covered my eyes using my right arm while my left hand tried to reach for my alarm clock to make the annoying sound stop. I was in a dilemma for a few more minutes but I knew I could not skip my morning jog. 

Tumayo na ako around 4:30 AM para maghilamos at magpalit ng damit. Nagsuot lang ako ng shirt, jacket, track pants, and digital watch. Then, I went downstairs to get my water before going out of the house. Madilim pa sa labas pero nakita ko na si Juarez na naghihintay sa akin sa labas, stretching his arms. 

"Oh, you're here." He stopped stretching and smirked when he saw my grumpy face. "Such a nice day, right?" 

"Shut up, Lai." Nilagpasan ko siya at sinimulan nang mag-jog. 

Narinig ko pa ang tawa niya bago siya sumunod sa akin, matching my pace. As athletes, both of us always go for a morning jog. Naging routine na 'yon para sa aming dalawa. Juarez, the son of Tito Hiro, and unfortunately, also my best friend.

We went around for a few more laps before we decided to go home and prepare for school. Hindi pa rin gising sina Mommy kaya nagluto na ako ng breakfast para sa kanila pagkatapos kong maligo. I also went to my younger brother's room to wake him up but he looked like he was in deep sleep so I just set his alarm again to 7 AM. 9 AM pa naman ang klase niya. That Senior High student.

"Good morning! Smells good!" While I was eating, Mom went downstairs, already dressed up in her work attire, a sky blue pantsuit, matched with her designer bag. Humalik siya sa pisngi ko bago dumeretso sa counter para gumawa ng morning shake niya. 

"You changed your hair color again," I told her. I was home late yesterday because of training so we didn't see each other. Hindi ko alam na nagpakulay na naman siya. 

"Oh, you don't like it? It's ash purple." My mom touched the small curls of her hair and looked at it. How could her hair still look so healthy? Regular treatment? Well, she has the money to do that... but the time? 

"It looks good." I nodded and she smiled at me before continuing to make her shake. 

Dad followed after a few more minutes, also already in his work attire, a button-down dress shirt and slacks. Dala-dala na rin niya ang mga gamit niya dahil deretso siya sa site ngayon, judging by him, trying to find his safety shoes. 

"At the back, Dad..." Napasapo ako sa noo ko. It was dirty yesterday so he left it outside. When I went home. I cleaned it last night and left it at the backdoor.