014.

"WOW CARLOS, WHAT ELSE ARE YOU NOT TELLING US?" EJ asked rudely

"Hey, let's all breathe for a second." Ashlyn encouraged.

"Do you want to be in charge?" Natalie asked in a rude tone.

"She didn't say that."

"You know what? I um.. I need a minute." Nini announced as she left the room.

"Right there with you." Kourtney snapped her fingers and just like that, half of the rehearsal population was gone, including Pen and Hattie.

"Wait guys!" Carlos pleaded.

"Guys.." Ricky mumbled.

"Rehearsals are fully cancelled until further notice." Carlos loudly announced as everyone left but Ricky and Gina. Hattie found herself walking up the stairs, singing 'The Start of Something New' under her breath as she passed the auditorium, in need of escaping from reality. She needed some alone time away from the world, she wanted to be in her world for a little while. When she reached back to the bomb shelter finally realizing she forgot her backpack she heard Ricky's faint singing voice, "Because I like the view.. of when there was me and you."

"So yeah. There's that." Ricky said, finishing his song.

"That was really good Ricky. Gosh I would kill to play guitar like that. I have one small question though.. and it's not about the guitar." Gina implied.

"Go on." Ricky persuaded, putting his guitar in the case making Hattie more intrigued so she leaned her ear on the wall.

"What's going on with you and Hattie? Everyone comments on the chemistry between you guys." Gina asked.

"Yeah, no we're not dating. Okay, I'm gonna tell you something and I don't want you to tell anyone else."

"You have my word."

"Okay. At first, I was interacting with Hattie as a distraction for my feelings with Nini. That was the point all along, to make Nini jealous, to make her want me back. It didn't work however because during the process, I started to like her and that was not the plan at all. I wasn't trying to fall in love with her, or start liking her at all.. but after Homecoming? She's amazing G. She's beautiful. So, the chemistry on my part is definitely there. But I don't know about her."

Hearing this made Hattie happy, but that happiness quickly turned to anger. She was happy that she knew where Ricky stood after the moment, but at the same time, it's never right to use someone as a distraction just to get over your ex. Nini was right. She got her heartbroken by Ricky, just as she said she would. Walking into the room to retrieve her backpack, she felt Gina and Ricky's eyes on her as she walked by. Turning her head around, she waved at them and walked out, zipping her backpack.

AFTER A FEW HOURS AFTER REHEARSAL, HATTIE RECEIVED A TEXT MESSAGE FROM PEN ASKING IF THEY WANTED TO GO TO BIG RED'S. Both girls wanted to erase the fact Miss Jenn was no longer their director, they did indeed decide on going just to numb the pain by hanging out with their fellow cast mates.

Her parents were asleep on the couch together, 'Boy meets World' in the background, their heads laying next to each other and Heather was at a party. So it was no worry sneaking out. Soon enough, Pen text Hattie that she was at her house and Hattie sent a thumbs up emoji as she tiptoed out of the house.

She opened up the front door silently and closed it just as quiet, running out to Pen's car. Hattie opened up the car door and got in the car, buckling her seatbelt, closing the car door. Just like that, the two girls were off to Big Red's house in silence. Soon enough, the two girls arrived at Big Red's and got out of the car, jogging inside of the house.

"Red?" Pen shouted out, opening the door seeing the house empty, not knowing where the basement is.

"Down here Pen!" Big Red shouted back and the girls followed the sound of his voice.

"Hey guys!" Hattie smiled, waving at everyone, not wanting to glance toward the familiar curly haired boy once.

"How many people are coming?" Ricky asked as he chuckled uncomfortably.

"That should be it." Big Red answered.

"Give it a minute." Ashlyn added sheepishly. As if on cue, every one of the people that were in the play came down the stairs. Everyone sat wherever they felt comfortable, Hattie was sitting next to Pen who was sitting next to Gina. Complete silence filled the room, nobody knew what they were doing here. They all shared one thing, their sadness for their drama teacher not being their drama teacher anymore. 

"This is a terrible party. There aren't even pretzels!" Natalie complained. "What are we all doing here?"

"We all ended up in the same basement after a really bad day. So someone should say something." Ashlyn persuaded.

"Fine, I'll say something. I'm mad at Miss Jenn." Carlos confessed.

"Why? Because she's got a few skeletons in her closet?" Gina scoffed.

"No. Because she's giving up." Carlos responded. "She was the first teacher to not see me as a punchline. Now she's not even a real teacher?"

"Define real teacher." Ashlyn muttered.

"He's got a point." Kourtney agreed with Carlos' previous statement.

"Does he though?" Ashlyn remarked.

"Guys."

"So why are we all here then?" Natalie questioned.

"Yeah, good question. This is a waste of time." EJ groaned.

"You don't have to be here if you don't want to, EJ. You could go back to swimming, stealing your exes phones or whatever makes your popular guy heart happy." Hattie snapped.

"I'm deciding on being here because I'm apart of the play." EJ snapped back.

"Oh yeah? Doesn't seem like it." Hattie remarked.