04. they're all shadysiders

ALL Nick and I could hear was the screaming coming from the crowd of campers, horror laced through the shrills

Nick and I busted through the crowd, eager to see the scene. I ignored all of the teen's eyes set on me and Nick, as we made it to the front to see the horrific scene. A gasp escaped my mouth, as the pool of blood seeped through the floorboards of the art room. 

Nick was quick to act, rushing all the children into the cafeteria, gripping onto my hand in the process. I gladly took it, following the boy and the kids to the safe zone. 

As we all entered, Nick began counting all the campers in the room, quickly realizing half of them were missing. The boy gave me a look, before turning to Gary, another older counselor. Nick's words were frantic, raving about how half of the counsellors were missing, including my own sister. Nick was quick to run up to the phone, trying to see if anyone would answer. 

"It's dead." Nick sighed, turning back to Gary and I in defeat. I nodded, chewing onto the tip of my thumb. "We have to go. We have to warn people." I informed, beginning to rush towards the exit. Nick was quick to jump in front of me, holding his arms open as a barricade. "I'm sure they heard the bell." He said, as I tried running off once again. "Hey!" 

"My sister, she's still out there, Nick!" 

"Oh, yeah? The same sister you complain about all the time?" Nick snapped, as I frowned. He huffed, dropping his arms. "Look, I'm sorry. I didn't mean it. Me and Gary will go find her, alright? I just want you to stay in here, keep safe." He nodded, as I gave him a wary look.

"What?" Gary questioned.

"Nick, if something happens to her." I shook my head in fear. "I need to go find her myself, Nick." I tried escaping, as his arms wrapped around me, tightly. "I'm not letting you get hurt!" Nick shouted.

The campers all turned to us, confused looks on all their faces

"Ok? please, let me do my job." Nick started, slowly pushing some of my hair back, and resting his hand on my cheek. "I'm gonna find your sister. Just stay here. Ok?"

I could only sigh, nodding my head with a frown on my lips. He gave me one last look, before rushing off to find everyone else. I shoved my face into my hands, rubbing my flushed cheeks, before jerking my head up at the sudden sound of a door bursting open. I stared at Ziggy with wide eyes, running over to her. "Are you okay?" 

"Are you?" She asked, as I gave a small smile along with a nod. Straightening ourselves out, we were quickly pulled back by Sheila's minions. 

"Where is she, witch?"

"You kill her like you killed Jeremy?"