Important Author's Note

hi! you've stumbled upon HALL OF FAME by serendipity and i love to have you here, but i have to disrupt your reading experience for a moment 😥

as a lot of you may be aware, authors on W*ttpad have been under relentless attack by a website called NovelHD. the owners of this website think it's okay to open accounts on their site using our name, and steal our work without our authorization. and if you demand they take down your work (as you should!), they just ignore you--and hey, they might steal even more of your books in return.

but get a lawyer, you say, thinking that doing so is easy and cheap. however, it is neither. especially, because the owner of the website is in Vietnam, the host (a company named Veesp), is based in Latvia and the servers in Russia. you would have to get lawyers from those countries to fight a legal battle that would cost who knows how much, take who knows how long, and result in who knows what.

then why did you post your books online if you knew this could happen? you also ask, thinking the world is black and white like that. i could've not posted anything, and i wouldn't have met any of you. i also wouldn't have had something lovely and positive like my Wattpad experience has been, to anchor me through some truly harrowing times (even before the pandemic).

i've contemplated removing the works that have been stolen by NovelHD, but that would also punish you, my readers, for a crime you didn't commit. not to mention, it would remove proof that i'm the sole creator and copyright owner.

so what can i do? this. and that's about it. i can put a million warnings in my books about this topic and beseech you to not to support NovelHD, to spread the word about its crimes, to help us fight it on social media and here whenever you see people directing others to read on NovelHD.

please, if you see this behavior don't turn a blind eye to it. plagiarists aren't the only ones hurting creators, but also the people who would rather consume the media on the plagiarizing platform.

i may yet decide to remove this book or other books, should my copyright continue to be violated. my heart is broken by this blatant disregard of my years and years of hard work, and my anxiety is through the roof. i sincerely hope anyone supporting NovelHD steps on a LEGO on barefoot.

to the rest of you who are here to support, thank you 🧡