21

Cleo

Waking up the next morning after the fair, I was all smiles.

I felt extremely productive, and walked around with the biggest grin on my face. This obviously didn't go unnoticed by Mila, so when I got in the kitchen this morning, she stopped me before I could even do anything.

"Why are you so smiley this morning? Huh?"

"Because I'm having a good morning?" I trail off, shrugging my shoulders.

"Oh really? So what was that post on your finsta all about? 'Single but taken?' I need details Miss!" She presses.

"Okay, fine. So a few weeks ago, maybe last week I don't remember. But anyways, me and Vinnie were talking and we basically accepted the fact that we like each other and so now we're talking."

"But that was last week... what happened in 24 hours?"

"We kissed... on top of the Ferris wheel." I squeaked out, making her slap a hand over her mouth jumping up and down.

"No fucking way! Ahh!" She yelled.

"I know. I was scared and everything at the top because you know, heights have never been my thing, and he saw that so he pulled me in and we kissed and I felt something there. I don't know if he felt it too, but I know I did."

"Y'all are too cute. So when's the wedding? I should be the maid of honor, you know." Mila jokes. "Ha! That's never happening. Marriage is very binding. Why can't I just enjoy what I have now with no titles?" I tell her.

"Please you won't be saying that when you're 30."

"Oh I will."

I made my way into the living room and sat on the couch, cuddling up into my blanket that I leave folded over the arm of the couch.

"I'm going to be out for the majority of the day. I have a shoot and then I'm going shopping and to lunch with some of the people from the shoot. I probably won't even be back for dinner so don't wait up on me." Mila says, coming out of the kitchen.

"Aw, so I'm going to be alone all day." I pout.

"Yes, I'm sorry. But you can call Nessa or Charli to come over... probably not both at the same time because you know. Or even better you can invite Vinnie over?" She proposed.

"Yeah, I'll probably see what he's up to."

"You see! I'm like a mastermind. Anyways, I'll see you later Cece!"

And with that Mila was gone and out the door before I even got to speak a word.

I let out a sigh, as I turned on the tv and put on reruns of Friends. I sat comfortably in the living room, with the sounds of the la rain hitting our glass windows. It brought comfort to me, as I was reminded by my time in New York. But that also got me quite sad because I missed it there.

L.A was only temporary, but I was beginning to love it here. I wish I could be two places at once, but I can't so that's annoying.

I shake my head, brushing away this thought.

So I distracted myself by texting my favorite distraction.