Analysis on Old Man Consequences

Over the past couple of weeks, I've been theorizing about something a character from Five Nights at Freddy's Ultimate Custom Night had said during a secret part of the game.

This character is known as Old Man Consequences in the game and is also the figure I've used as inspiration for my character.

He resides near a pixelated lake surrounded by woods where Old Man Consequences is seen with a fishing pole, sitting down.

When you arrive in this world, he seems to speak to us by saying: "Come and sit with me a while. Leave the demon to his demons. Rest your own soul. There is nothing else."

Theorists heavily into Five Nights at Freddy's have put their thoughts into what it means towards the lore, but I've taken it and instead applied it to real life.

Over time I've questioned what it could mean to us or how it applies to us, but now I believe I have the answer.

Say we have a family member or a friend that we know very well, but they're dealing with something slowly breaking them down or leaving them spent.

Perhaps they take frustration or anger out on you because of this, even if you're trying to help them.

Sometimes even when we're just trying to help them, it can only make it worse.

At that point, we have to sit there and reflect, perhaps even with another person.

If everything you're doing isn't having any positive effect on the person and you are becoming tired from all your attempts to fix it, it may be time to leave them to their demons or struggles and rest your own soul. There isn't anything else you can do for them at this point.

It will have a more positive effect for you in the long run, and likely for them as well.

It doesn't mean that we're abandoning them, it just means that we're sitting down for now and taking a moment to reflect, and when they're ready to sit down, you'll be there for them.

If anything, I like to see it as closure, especially if we have to walk away later on.

It can also be used if this friend or a family member has hurt us in any way and shows us that sometimes revenge is not the best way and that that person's demons will catch up to them eventually.

In that case, we don't have to do anything at all. We can sit down and wait for the consequences of their actions to happen because they will.

I won't tell you how to live your life, but in any case, forgiving them for whatever they've done is better for the closure process, and forgiveness isn't necessarily establishing a relationship it's just letting go of their throat.

To reword it in a way that applies to all of us, I'd say it'd be something like,

"Sit down and rest with me,

Leave them to deal with their own demons for now,

There is nothing else we can do."

We can learn from Old Man Consequences and Golden Freddy that revenge and attempting to fix relationships can tear you apart, so sometimes we should sit down and let it deal by itself because sometimes it is the best and only option.

-Ellie