Chapter 5

Not edited.

Abby watched as the annoyingly perky nurse all but flitted around the room. How could people be this perky?  Her endless chatter was deiving Abby insane. The looks she snuck at Abby didn't go innoticed but Abby refused to acknowledge them. If the girl chose not to speak then she wasn't about to make it easy for her.

It was obvious by the looks she received from each of the staff members that they were curious. Having three very gorgeous men watching over one woman would obviously cause some people to have questions.

Questions they were reluctant to ask for whatever reason.

Now she was stuck with Nurse Perk and it was driving her patience past the point of boiling.

"What?"she gritted out in an almost sneer.

Nurse Perk jumped.

"Oh. Did you say something?"

Abby rolled her eyes and sighed.

"Look, you obviously have a question so ask it."

The nurse grabbed the chart at the end of her bed with nervous fingers and held it to herself as if she was using a shield. She wouldn't look at Abby, instead she looked everywhere else as she decided if she should let it go.

"God I hope I get out of here soon" Abby muttered.

"Oh I'm sorry. I didn't mean to make you feel bad." Nurse Perk was finally looking at her.

"You know what makes me feel bad? When people beat about the bush and aren't up front with what they want. It's obvious you want to know just which one of the guys is my boyfriend right?"

The nurse nodded timidly.

"All of them."

Seconds passed as the bomb landed and Nurse Perks eyes bulged.

"All of them?" she squeaked as she moved the chart up over her mouth to cover the fact that her jaw just hit the floor.

"Yes all of them. Is that a problem?"

Abby wasn't in the mood to deal with stupid people and this perky creature was more than she could handle. Even the fact that she was shaking her head annoyed Abby.

"The real answer you want is do I sleep with them all... that... is none of your business."

"Baby?" James walked through the door frowning. "What's wrong?"

Abby looked at him and burst into tears.

James wrapped his arms around her and scowled at the nurse.

"What did you do?" he asked her scathingly

"Nothing! I swear!"

After the tea lady was fired there was no way in hell any of the staff would say anything to upset Miss Crayson.

Abby shook her head.

"Not her" she looked at Nurse Perk "I'm sorry for how I spoke but.."

Nurse Perk shook her head.

"It's ok. You've been through alot."

James pulled back and looked down at her concerned.

"Are you sure you're ok?"

She sniffled.

"Yeh. It wasn't her really. It was a phone call I had earlier."

"Who?" Caleb demanded as he walked through the door with Noah.