chapter seventeen

BECA'S POV:

She was wearing the crop top. The same damn crop top from our froyo date- our froyo activity... trip. The point is, she was wearing the same thin, bleached white crop top.

Sure, she's worn crop tops before at Bella's practice, but I've never really paid attention. And especially not to her. But, one little ice cream slip up and soon, we'll... let's just say that she has a small hip tattoo that pokes over the top of her leggings.

One ice cream slip up and a cookies and cream stain layer, I was noticing things about her that I wasn't before. I mean, why did I have a spike of happiness and invite her to go and get frozen yogurt? And why did she say yes?

YOUR POV:

Chloe 💕: can you please bring me my water I forgot it in my dorm 🥺

I lazily tapped my pencil against my lower lip, zoning out and becoming bored looking at the small words on the textbook in front of me. I jumped when my phone pinged and saw that text from Chloe.

I put my pencil in my book and shut the thick textbook. I slipped some shoes on and made my way over to Chloe's dorm, picking up her water bottle and heading off to her rehearsal. It was weird being in my dorm and not watching and supporting, but Chloe insisted I stayed to study because I was falling behind in a few classes. And to make sure I agreed, she said if I didn't stay she would take away kisses for a whole week.

I walked into the building and saw the girls rehearsing. Chloe grinned when she saw me and ran over to me, meanwhile Aubrey and Beca were having a little trouble dancing.

Beca moved the wrong way and bumped into Aubrey and knocked her off balance, then falling into my sister and they went down on the floor. Aubrey above my sister. I smirked when I saw it.

"Jesus Beca, are you trying to break my ankle?" Aubrey huffed.

"You have tiny ankles anyways, it wouldn't take much to break them." Beca quipped back before pushing Aubrey off her.

"What was that all about?" Chloe asked, turning towards me, her hands messing with the ends of my shirt sleeves.

"Don't know." I shrugged.

"Me either. We should set them up." Chloe grinned, taking her water from my hands.

I laughed, "Seriously? I'm pretty sure my sister has a thing for Jesse. Like I think they're together."

"Oh come on, tell me you didn't feel that sexual tension."

"You're just horny all the time." I giggled.

"While that is a fact, have you seen yourself? You feel the same way about me." She smirked.

I grinned, sighing blissfully, "yes I do."

"So we should set them up." Chloe insisted.

"We can try."

The ginger grinned, happy that I didn't tell her no. She kissed my lips quickly, "Stay?"

"Otay." I whispered and Chloe cooed, kissing me lips a little longer and harder before Aubrey called her name.

— • —

"So, have you released that song yet?" Chloe bit her lower lip as she looked up at me, both of us leaving the rehearsal.

I looked at her and then looked in front of me with a small smile on my lips, "Nope. I don't plan on it."

"What? Don't you wanna be a rock star?"

"Well, yeah... I'm just-"

Chloe grabbed my face and we both stopped walking. Her big blue eyes looked at me so softly I was melting in her hands.

"Hey, don't do that. Don't be insecure about your music. It's amazing and other people need to hear it. Maybe your ex will listen to it and feel guilty."

"I don't care about her. She doesn't have feelings anyways." I sighed.

"True. But you've moved on, that's the biggest flex."

"Mhm. And look who I've got by my side."

Chloe blushed at my compliment, "Give me your phone."

When I opened my mouth to respond, she only raised an eyebrow at me as if to say 'you dare challenge me?'  So I handed her my phone.

Her thumbs typed away and I noticed she was downloading an app before scrolling through my pictures.

"What are you doing?" I asked. I wasn't afraid she would find something on my phone, I had nothing to hide. I just was curious as to what she was doing since she kept turning the phone away from me.

"And done. You're new hit single "Girl Like You" will be out on all streaming platforms this Friday."

My eyes widened, "What did you do?"

"Downloaded an app. It's called UnitedMasters. You upload songs stored on your phone, add cover art and select a few more things and boom, your song is sent off to be released. You get all the proceeds and I even put Beca's name on there." Chloe smiled.

I grinned so wide, picking her up and spinning her around, "You're amazing, Ms. Beale."

Chloe giggled, "I know. I'll help spread the word, get people to recognize how fucking great you are."

"You're amazing."

"You said that already." Chloe smirked, wrapping her arms around my neck, "You know I can't believe I released your song for you. Here I wanted you to be my secret."

"Didn't want to share me with the world?" I smirked.

"Not really. But I wanted to be a supportive partner and friend." She batted her eyelashes up at me.

I leaned down and kissed her lips slowly, my arms wrapped around her waist as my fingers grazed her backside. We both pulled apart from the kiss before I kissed her forehead and we began walking again.

"We should go and celebrate. We can pick up some Chinese, a few beers and go back to my dorm. Or yours, I don't have a preference. Got any more songs to show me?" Chloe smirked, squeezing my hand.

I chuckled, "not at the moment. although I'm sure I can come up with something."

The ginger laughed cutely before squeezing my hand once more. Chloe Beale, I could write a entire album about you and you didn't even know it.