chapter 1 - Welcome Home, Lindsey

🔪 Scream 🔪

The night that Lindsey Prescott came home from searching for her birth father and finding out that she had this whole other family that she never knew about until a year before when her mother died, was the night that everything changed for the town of Woodsboro. 

On the drive home, Lindsey and her stepfather Neil, who she had believed to be her real father all her life until her mother was killed the year before, were completely silent, tense. Neil had always had a doubt that Lindsey was in fact his daughter, and confronted Maureen countless times about it, but Maureen always denied it. So when Maureen died, Neil took matters into his own hands and decided to find out once and for all if Lindsey really was his.

And the revelation that she wasn't shattered their family even more after what had already happened with the death-rape of Maureen.

Sidney still treated Lindsey the same as she ever did. They were sisters after all, no matter how, no matter if it was only by half. Sidney and Lindsey were still as close as ever, and they wouldn't let that change.

But Lindsey had to search for her real father and see what other family she had out there. And now she was coming home to Woodsboro. To Sidney as her older sister (by a year), and her best friends, Mona and Randy Meeks. Randy was the same age as Sidney, but he was always super close with Lindsey. Mona was Lindsey's age. 

Lindsey, Mona and Randy bonded over horror movies, though Lindsey and Mona wasn't as obsessed with them as Randy was, though they knew everything they needed to know about the genre, and all the rules that applied. If only those same rules applied to real life.

And then there was Tatum Riley. Tatum was Sidney's best friend, but she constantly hung out with Lindsey and Mona as well; the four girls were quite close and loved to have movie nights together when they had the chance.

Ben Loomis was the more sensitive and sweeter of him and his brother Billy. Billy was Sidney's boyfriend and quite creepy at times; Lindsey didn't like her sister's boyfriend too much, though Ben was charming and sweet and he defended the girls when they needed, though they would much rather defend themselves, but appreciated his acts of kindness and sweetness that he often did like giving them small flowers or just being there.

The other member of their entire friend group, Stu Macher, was what someone would call the goofy dumbass, through and through, always speaking before thinking and doing something stupid to piss off someone else, most likely everyone in their group, even though they thought it was just Stu being Stu. 

And now that Lindsey was coming home after months of being gone for looking for her other family, she was sure that her friends and sister would be happy that she was back, but would her reunions with them be all that she hoped for with what else was going on that night, and everything that would happen when day came?

🔪

Lindsey: