Nothing unsaid

I didn't know what to do as I awkwardly walked into the lunch room. It's was my first day back since finding out, 3 weeks. It was like de-ja-vue from my first day of school, but now I was bald. My best friend Lena came up behind me putting her hand on my back to comfort me. "your the strongest person I know, I'm here for you" she whispered into my ear knowing I wasn't physically as strong as I was after my intensive 3 weeks of chemotherapy, but mentally I was stronger. "I know" I spoke with a smile on my face, knowing shed never leave me.

"hey aria, what happened to your hair?" Jasmine, one of my other friends, spoke cautiously. I hadn't even thought about an excuse I could tell people about why I didn't have hair

"long story short, she lost a bet" lena spoke pulling my wrist as she walked out of the lunch room and away from all the students.

"aria, you don't have to be here" she she spoke consered

"yes I do, if I don't face then now ill never be able to, I can't run away from the things that scare me."

Lena stared at me with tears rolling down her face, her mouth was open, she wasnt able to speak. But I knew exactly what she meant.

I started giggling "I'm ohkay, I wouldn't be here if I wasn't, let's get you to the bathroom and clean you up gorgous" with that I pulled her down the hallway filled with a bunch of people "head high" i kept telling myself as I felt people staring "go clean up" I said to lena "ill keep look out"

"thanks" she said looking both ways before she entered.

Suddenly something caught myeye, I jumped" sorry uh I um didn't see you there " I studdered feeing a lot more self consious about the fact I had a blue stripped bandana covering my hald head.

"I like the hair" he said walking towards me taking me bandana off.

I flushed out of embaressment, there's nothing like having the same hair cut as a cute guy you've never met " I could say the same" I stated trying to cover up my timidness. I looked away blushing, no guy had ever looked at me the way he was right now, with his deep green eyes and dimpled smile. I felt exposed, like he could see right through me.

"I havnt seen you before" I said wanting him to walk away. "I'm a new student, I transfereed here a couple weeks ago, but I'm wondering why I havnt seen you before" he questioned me, amused my my shifting out of uncomfortableness. "uhm family vacation then I got sick when we got home"

"and the hair?!" he questioned still amused

"lost a bet" I said as I'd I were proud that my hair was gone

"what was it?" he said misbeliving

"I'm done" Lena came barging out "oh shoot sorry did I interupt something?!"

"I was just asking aria were mr. Penson's classroom was, catch ya later"

Stuned, I looked at lena who was smiling, how did he know my name?!

"leeeeena"

With that she skipped down the hallway looking proud "see ya on the bus"

Confused about what just happened I went into the math room to eat my lunch, it was my next class

"hello mr.ruhfy, do you like my hair cut?!" I said jokingly

Mr.ruhfy was my favorite teacher. He taught well and had a great sense of humor.

He gave me a puzzled look

"well that's a change" he spoke quietly "Aria what happened to your hair?" he looked at me consernd. I ignored him as the boy I Had met earlier walked into the room

"how did you know my name?" I demanded as he looked up at me smiling

"hey mr.R what'd I miss yesterday?" he spoke politly as he kept his eyes on me

"a chapter test, but I'll excuse you from it if you catch ms.aria here up, she missed all of chapter 5&6"

"I'd be delighted" he said brightly as he smiled.

I mumbled a thank you and awkwardly walked out the door and up the stairs to the library as fast as I could.

We sat down at a table towards the back of the library. "what is your name?"

"Brian. And yours?!" he spoke with a tint of pleasure. I roled my eye "I don't get you" I regreted what I said right away, but meant it "what do you mean?" he said still sounding pleased "I can read people so well but I can't seeem to figure out you" he loooked at me with a curious expression. "for inequalities you just solve for 'x'"

"I know" I interupted feeling humiliated about the question I had just asked. I did the rest of the problems in silence. Math was easy for me I just hated doing it, which I'm sure would be consistant with just about all normal 14 year old girls.

After school the last thing i wanted to do was go home to a worried mother and paranoid sister, but basketball practice was outta the question. As the day progressed it got harder and harder to climb up stairs and walk while carrying my back pack. One of my better friends Fifi was always there to carry my books for me. But I underestimated how much I could do. I decided to go home.

I sat down on the bus seat reflecting on my day.