𝐅𝐈𝐅𝐓𝐘

━━━━━━━━━━━━━
✯❀𝐀 𝐒𝐔𝐑𝐏𝐑𝐈𝐒𝐄 𝐕𝐈𝐒𝐈𝐓𝐎𝐑❀✯
━━━━━━━━━━━━━

NOTE: this is straight outta the books, if you see Harry's name unexpectedly no you didn't!!

━━━━━━━━━━━━━

Walking into the Great Hall, Charlotte winced at the loud noises surrounding her. She found herself unable to proceed throughthe large crowd of students congregating there, all milling around a large sign that had been erected at the foot of the marble staircase.

"There's a sign," Alex mumbled, standing on his tiptoes.

TRIWIZARD TOURNAMENT
THE DELEGATIONS FROM BEAUXBATONS AND DURMSTRANG WILL BE ARRIVING AT 6 O'CLOCK ON FRIDAY THE 30TH OF OCTOBER. LESSONS WILL END HALF AN HOUR EARLY.STUDENTS WILL RETURN THEIR BAGS AND BOOKS TO THEIR DORMITORIES AND ASSEMBLE IN FRONT OF THE CASTLE TO GREET OUR GUESTS BEFORE THE WELCOMING FEAST.

"Only a week away!" said Ernie Macmillan, emerging from the crowd, his eyes gleaming. "I wonder if Cedric knows? Think I'll go and tell him..."

"I hope Cedric is our champion." Charlotte murmured. "He really wants to do it..."

"Hopefully." Theo shrugged. "I wonder how they'll have to enter!"

The appearance of the sign in the entrance hall had a marked effect upon the inhabitants of the castle. During the following week, there seemed to be only one topic of conversation, no matter where she went: the Triwizard Tournament. Rumors were flying from student to student like highly contagious germs: who was going to try for Hogwarts champion, what the tournament would involve, how the students from Beauxbatons and Durmstrang differed from themselves.

Lottie noticed too that the castle seemed to be undergoing an extra-thorough cleaning. Several grimy portraits had been scrubbed, much to the displeasure of their subjects, who sat huddled in their frames muttering darkly and wincing as they felt their raw pink faces. The suits of armor were suddenly gleaming and moving without squeaking, and Argus Filch, the caretaker, was behaving so ferociously to any students who forgot to wipe their shoes that he terrified a pair of first-year girls into hysterics.

Other members of the staff seemed oddly tense too.

When they went down to breakfast on the morning of the thirtieth of October, they found that the Great Hall had been decorated overnight. Enormous silk banners hung from the walls, each of them representing a Hogwarts House: red with a gold lion for Gryffiindor, blue with a bronze eagle for Ravenclaw, yellow with a black badger for Hufflepuff, and green with a silver serpent for Slytherin. Behind the teachers' table, the largest banner of all bore the Hogwarts coat of arms: lion, eagle, badger, and snake united around a large letter H.

"Merlin, they really are trying hard to look good!" Scoffed Erin.

"What did you expect?" Theo asked. "It's a tournament, they're not going to make the school look shit, are they?"