Preperations

It was finally the day of the shareholders party. I looked through the guest list for the fifth time in the last hour, trying to remember if I had forgotten anyone.

"Give me that," I state, grabbing the coffee from James hand, and drinking it.

"Someone's a bit nervous," teases James.

"More than nervous. If this party is a bust, then Sky Pillars will lose a bunch of money, and I would lose my pride."

"And we don't want that, now do we?" He says.

"Manifest a successful party for me please," I say, closing my eyes and muttering 'you are successful' 5 times.

"Quinny you have worked so hard on this for the past couple weeks! It's going to be fine," he says.

"We," I say.

"Pardon?"

"We have worked so hard," I smile.

"That we have," he says, giving me a tight, side hug.

We both look over everything one more time before driving to the site of where the auction party is being held. It was a grand building that had leaves surrounding the front entrance columns. It had character, compared to all the other houses Leo owned.

"I can't believe how beautiful it is," says James, opening the car door for me

"I know right! I'm in love with this house," I agree.

We walked into the building. In the ballroom I see Elijah quickly setting up the circle tables that barely even used up ⅙ of the room although there was at least 70 tables in here. I then see Leo talking to the kitchen staff about his favourite dish in the world.

"Fettuccine Alfredo with shrimp is incredible, right?" He asks the staff.

They nod.

"I mean it just is an explosion of flavours, especially when you add your own spices to them," he says. "You know I haven't had Alfredo in a while. I think I'm going to make it tomorrow."

They nod.

"Well it was nice talking to you guys," he says in a half smile.

They nod.

A slightly hurt expression sets across his face, but it quickly vanishes when he spots me.

"Quinnella!" He exclaims walking to me.

"How's everything going," I ask, giving him a quick kiss. "James and I just got here."

"It's going well," he says flatly.

"James I'll be back," I say to him, before looking back at Leo.

"What's wrong, baby," I say.

"I just sorta had a realization that no one actually hears me when I'm speaking," he sighs. "Well besides some people," he smiles softly, looking at me then at Elijah.

"What do you think that?" I ask.

"Well, whenever I talk, people only listen, but never actually hear what I say. All they do is nod, or say the things they want me to hear."

"How long have you been feeling like this?"

"For years," he says. "And it kind of sucks."

I just intertwine my fingers along with his, letting him talk all his emotions out. One of the many things I love about Leo is how he isn't afraid to show how he feels about something. If he is sad, you'll know. If he is happy, you'll know.

"I never wanted to be a businessman," he sighs.

"Then why did you make Sky Pillars?" I ask.

"For you," he says.

"What?" I say, not understanding what he meant by that.

"Oh shoot...um," he mumbles, scratching the back of his head.

"Leo, tell me," I say looking into his eyes.

"It's not really a big deal," he lies.

"Leo," I say sternly.

"It's nothing," he says, looking everywhere besides at me.

"If it's nothing then tell me," I say, pushing him to a secluded area, away from the ballroom.

"I don't wanna," he whines.

I just roll my eyes at him.

"You know if you keep rolling your eyes every time you're annoyed with me, they'll get stuck," he says.

"Oh piss off," I grunt.

"So, I can go," he says, pointing to leave.

"No," I say, looking at him in disbelief.

"Fine," he huffs.

I cross my arms and look at him intensely waiting for him to give me an answer. He looked as though he was embarrassed because his ears became flushed as soon as he tried to speak.

"I thought if I was... you know, 'powerful enough', I could find you again through connections and we'd live happily ever after... you know?"

"No I don't know," I say in a smile.

"It sounds stupid, but I really would do anything for you," he says, twirling my curls.

"Well I guess it worked out because if you didn't own literally everything in New York then we probably would have never met again," I say.

"I would have found you sooner or later," he says in an assured voice. "But I'm glad we found each other sooner," he smiles.

"Me too," I say. "But Leo, you don't have to be embarrassed to tell things okay."

"I know, but—"

"I don't wanna hear it," I say, putting my finger to his lip.

"Fine," he smiles, playfully biting my finger.

"Let's go back," I say.

He holds my hand and leads the way back into the ballroom. Elijah and his crew were now finished with setting up, and James had gone to the other entrance talking to one of the guards.

I see that everything is finished and all preparations are now over. All we have to do is get dressed up, and sell these auction items.

"Okay guys go get some rest, and I'll see everyone back at 5:00pm!" I announce.

Everyone seemed ecstatic as they all talked to each other about their excitement for the party as they left the place. I felt a smile appear across my face, because I too was excited. Extremely fuckin nervous, but excited!

"I can't wait to see you in your dress," Leo says, coming up behind me. "And I also can't wait to take it off you."
———————————————————————

I'm sorry this chapter is short it's just that the next chapter is a flippin hefty one, and I just want you guys to read it all in one go 🕳🏃🏽‍♀️😭

Favourite moments?

Favourite food?

Theories for future chapters?

I hope y'all enjoyed this chapter 💕Don't forget to VOTE, COMMENT, and FOLLOW 😉👋🏽

Have a stupendous week ❤️🥰👌🏽