Chapter 1: Bargaining

🖋We cannot start over, but we can begin now and make a new ending- Zig Ziglar🖋

Killians POV

Putting out my cigarette I begin to put on my suit jacket, I had agreed to hang out with Mr. Valentine today. We had decided on a small bar that's not to far from my work.

After making sure everything is in order at my desk I push in my chair and walk out of my office.

As I'm walking, my secretary Olivia, walks next to me holding her clipboard. "Have you made it clear to Mr. Valentine what you want out of the arrangement?" She asks holding a pen in her right hand.

"We haven't discussed that yet Olivia. I'll try to bring it up tonight" I responded looking over her clipboard.

"I seriously don't think it's worth it if we don't get over 35% of the shares" she states as we turn a corner.

"Olivia, I'm the boss here not you. I'll decide whether it's worth it or not, plus Mr. Valentine is a good friend of mine" I say putting her in her place. "he knows my deepest secret as well so I can't just blow him off".

I've known Mr. valentine for quite a while, He was there when I started my whole company pretty much.

Recently we decided to start a partnership and merge our products. our companies are both wealthy, so we thought we could get a raise in stocks out of our arrangements.

Before I started getting into my business I was a college professor, but I didn't want to stay in that profession.

Plus my parents didn't approve of me being a teacher, probably because it didn't help cover up the whole mafia fiasco. Now I'm a rich business owner, and I could just pay people to not give out the family secret. That's if they find out about it of course, And well, Mr. valentine also knows about my family and what we do.

We reached the bottom floor of our building and Olivia walked with me out into the parking lot.

She opened the backseat of the car door for me and smiled "I'll see you tomorrow Mr. Donovan".

I nodded towards her as I sat down and she shut the door.

I checked my phone as my driver started the car and pulled out of the parking lot.

It was 9:48 pm. I should get to the bar by 10, which is the time we scheduled to meet up.

I put my phone down and just closed my eyes as I waited for us to arrive at the bar.

Mr. Valentine was a really good person. He had actually lost his wife a few years after his daughter was born.

I haven't met his daughter but I'm just gonna guess that she's like every other spoiled rich girl.

I hate people who practically get to swim in money without even working for it.

While I was in thought my driver spoke up "Sir, we've arrived".

I nodded a thank you and opened the car door to get out.