Chapter 35

gimme the goddamn string beans

-

Egypt POV

"Knock knock." Yana walked in the room.

"Hey what you doing here?" I looked up from my computer.

"Des came so I came to check up on you, how y'all doing?" She sat on the couch.

"We good, just a lot that's all." I shrugged.

Not nobody business what me and my man got going on, but me and my man.

To be honest I said the baby didn't bother me, but it does. I find myself lashing out at him about little stuff, like his drawls in the floor caused a whole argument last night.

He probably thinks I'm bipolar, which I can be. I'm just trying my hardest not to let it change us and it slowly but surely is.

"You get a car yet?" She asked.

"Um no ma'am, I know what I want right. Tell me why I'm scared to ask him for it." I turned my lips up.

"But wait he offered to buy it, what's the issue?" She laughed.

"The price, I gave him the same car I had literally and he said no. So I go find what I really want, and can't bring myself to ask him for it." I smacked my hands together.

"He give you a limit?" She looked around in confusion.

"No bitch, he gave me a minimum. No not a maximum. I said look I'm used to broke niggas, get me a soda and Ima cry." I threw my hands around.

"Lemme see the car." She laughed.

I gave her my computer and went to the tab. She looked at it before busting out laughing.

"This so goddamn funny to me, please go ask that man." She gave it back to me.

"Come wit me." I pouted.

"Aht, bitch hell nah you ain't finna have me in trouble. Des gon tell me to mind my business." She shook her head.

"Ima send it to him, yep mhm." I nodded.

"KEY SHE WANT A RANGE." She yelled towards the back of the house.

"Bitch shhhh." I covered her mouth.

Silence continued through the house making me sigh. My phone went off and I picked it up.

my boopy bear 🥰

C'mere Egypt

"Shit!" I cussed.

I stood up and went out the back door. He was sitting on a chair smoking and I walked towards him.

"Good luck." She gave me a thumbs up going to sit on Des lap.

I rolled my eyes and stood in front of him making him look up at me.

"You want that?" He blew out smoke past my face.

I nodded and looked away picking at my nails. He put his hand under my chin and put my hair behind my ear.

"Words E." He stared into my eyes.

"Yes I would like that, but I don't need it." I shook my head.

"Would you be happy with it?" He asked.

"Yea." I mumbled.