THIRTEEN 🌸

"Come play beer pong with me

"Come play beer pong with me." Cameron entrapped me with the heavy weight of his long arm.

"Okay." I allowed him to take me through the house until we ended up in a massive dining room, one fit to host the most amazing dinner parties.

"Oh look, the freaks are wanting to play." One of Jamie's friends muttered. "You know if you land the ball in the cup you gotta drink?" Cam and I looked at one another blankly, this douche clearly overestimated our innocence.

"We're aware." I deadpanned.

"Jamie come play!" Jamie came over and eyed up the game set up.

"Okay, but you'll drink them for me, Eli?"

"You're such a bore Maines but yeah I will!"

"You don't drink?" I asked. 

"Nah, drinking is not for me. I don't drink, I don't do drugs, I don't smoke. Nothing addictive." He confessed as he organised the game.

I wondered why but I didn't have the guts to ask, especially given the way he treats me.

We played beer pong until there was nothing left to drink. Cam and I won, much to Eli's disapproval. We separated after that and I ended up talking shit to whoever would listen. I was pretty sure I divulged my entire life story to at least seven strangers.

I fought my way through the crowds and ended up in the back garden, the air outside was much fresher but for some reason I felt drunker out here.

Jamie, Arlo and lots of other guys were sat in a circle just drinking and laughing together. I pulled up a plastic chair and sat myself down uninvited.

"So why haven't we met her?" Arlo asked Eli.

"Because she's shy and you're all dicks."

"Or she's not real." Everyone started laughing, calling Eli names.

I glanced around the circle at Arlo, he sat watching me just taking quiet sips of his alcohol. Even with intoxication masking our conscious things still felt tense between us. They always did.

"What are you looking at?" He asked moodily.

I sighed, looking him up and down.

"Not much." I replied monotonously, everyone laughed and I smiled to myself. He shook his head and took another drink from his cup.

"I'm gonna go round people up for a drinking game." Arlos deep voice cut in so I chased after him.

"Where are you going?" I asked.

"I just told you." He answered. 

He walked into the house and instantaneously people started greeting him like their master had arrived. It didn't take long before he had a posse of people following him outside to play 'take one pass it on,' whatever that was. I followed him backwards and forwards through the house as he set up the game with loads of shots.