→ chapter one hundred and five

; ♡⋆

; ♡⋆.ೃ࿔*

Although Chaerin knew that it was inevitable, nothing could have prepared her for when the Death Eaters came to parade what their leader had done to Harry Potter. She cried silently next to Fred as her grandmother let out a terrible cry, Ginny screamed and many others cried together.

Hogwarts was mourning the loss of Harry Potter. A boy so brave. A boy so kind. A boy who was like no other. And yet, there stood Hagrid, Harry's limp and lifeless body cradled in his gigantic arms. It pained Chae deeply to see Bellatrix glory in McGonagall's despair.

First came the sadness, then came the rage. It ignited Chae's bone with an almost electric feeling, they could not win. This could not be the end. It was cruel, to dangle the dead in front of the ones who loved him most. It outraged Chaerin.

Without thinking, she lunged forward, and before anyone could stop her she shouted a simple spell, it would not make them feel the pain Hogwarts felt, but it would show them pain like none other.

"Crucio!"

She watched in delight, her eyes crazed as Bellatrix Lestrange writhed in pain. Chaerin hoped that it hurt her, Chaerin hoped that it made her feel as small as she had made her feel throughout those months at the manor.

This was Chaerin's revenge and it was something that gave her an indescribable pleasure, to watch the woman who tortured her scream like a mad woman, it was glorious.

"Somebody stop her!"

Chae's moment of glory was cut short when a jinx was shot her way, she ducked it swiftly. The Dark Lord watched her with curiosity, she was different from the last time they had met, he could not kill her. She was rare. She was valuable, an asset that would prove useful to him now that the other side had no choice but to surrender.

"SILENCE!" cried Lord Voldemort, a loud bang and a flash of light could be seen, he enforced silence amongst them all.

"It is over! Set him down, Hagrid, at my feet, where he belongs."

Chae stood infuriated when Hagrid obeyed, laying Harry's body on the floor in front of the wicked man's feet. How far would he go to humiliate the dead?

"You see?" Voldemort began to walk up and down next to Harry's body. "Harry Potter is dead? Do you understand now, deluded ones? He was nothing, ever, but a boy who relied on others to sacrifice themselves for him."

Chae was about to say something, but she felt Fred's arms wrap around her waist, pulling her back into his chest. He was restraining her, trying to stop her from getting herself killed by Voldemort, however, Chaerin knew that she could not be killed, if he wanted her dead, then she would've been dead by now.

"He beat you!" yelled Ron.

"He was killed whilst trying to sneak out of the castle grounds. It was an attempt to save himself."

"You're nothing but a cowardly liar!" Chae screeched, alarming the others around her.

They had never seen Chae like this before, throughout her time at Hogwarts, whilst she had made threats and even had a few fights, they had never seen her thirst so bad for revenge. She looked as if she belonged in an asylum, maybe, she possibly belonged in one.

Chaerin Chang was dangerous at a time like this.

"Now, you're faced with a decision. Join me, or suffer the consequences."

Nobody dared to move, well, apart from Draco Malfoy. The ferret-like boy walked across the courtyard to join his parents who had been calling for him. Chae hoped that maybe things would have been a little bit different if someone had told him to stay.

Neville stepped forward, shocking everyone.

"Well, I had hoped for better," Voldemort snickered. "And who may you be?"

"Neville Longbottom."

"Ah, come, join us dear Neville."

"I'd like to say something."

"I'm sure we'd all love to listen to what you have to say Neville."

Within seconds, pride had swelled in Chaerin's heart as Neville Longbottom finally defended himself to the biggest monster of them all. His speech had given them courage and bravery, and although they were not all Gryffindors, they were all courageous and brave, and they would fight, in the name of Harry Potter, they would fight for a better tomorrow.

"Very well," said Voldemort, Chaerin was instantly alert, the danger in his voice could not be mistaken. "If that is your choice, Longbottom, we revert to the original plan. On your head, be it."

Voldemort waved his wand, an object flying to him like a dark bird. However, when he began to smooth it out, it became obvious that it was the sorting hat.

"There will be no more sorting at Hogwarts. There will be no more houses. The emblem, shield and colours of my noble ancestor, Salazar Slytherin, will suffice for everyone. Won't they, Neville Longbottom?"

Chaerin watched in horror as Lord Voldemort forced the sorting hat to sit on top of Neville's rigid and frozen body. Neville could not see, the Dark Lord had made sure that the hat covered his eyes. The defenders of Hogwarts were ready to defend Neville, but the Death Eaters had their wands raised, keeping them at bay.

"Neville here is now going to demonstrate what will happen to anyone foolish enough to oppose me," said Voldemort, a sickening smile on his face as the sorting hat burst into flames.

Neville's screams filled the air, Chaerin's eyes wanted to look away from the awful scene but she couldn't, it was like her brain was forcing her to watch.

However, chaos erupted in seconds when Grawp, Hagrid's half-brother came searching for Hagrid. Voldemort's giants ran at Grawp violently, but their cries did not diminish the sound of hooves, which shot arrows into the air at the Death Eaters.

In one swift motion, Neville broke free of the curse he was under, the sorting hat falling, allowing him to pull out the great sword of Gryffindor, and before anyone could help with the attack, the head of Nagini now lay on the floor. Neville had sliced the menacing snake's head off.

And then, there Harry Potter stood, alive and perfectly unharmed, sending Voldemort over the edge. Nothing would get in Harry's way of defeating the Dark Lord once and for all now.