Chappie 13

Shane:

"Its too soon" Jake said exasperated.

"But Shane is already hooked" Kevin pointed at me and said.

I looked back to see a confused and slightly afraid looking Samantha a few feet away. She had all the reasons to be afraid. She was already inside the cave. We lit up the torches we had put up a few trips back. She was revelling in the beauty of the cave when Chris came up with this idea and pulled the guys to a corner.

So right now we were discussing whether or not to make Sam a part of Devil's associates. As far as I was concerned, she had made her way to my heart and it depended on what the other guys would decide.

Matt was silent throughout the discussion deep in his thoughts. We never disturbed him because he always comes up with the best solution after analyzing the situation from aspects we could never think about.

I looked and smiled at her and she gave a weak smile in return.

"I think she was great with the stunt she pulled out today" Steve complimented.

"But is it enough to become a D.A?" Leo asked, "Remind me again what you had to do to get into the gang"

Steve's face paled at the reminder. It was two years ago when we met him. He was allotted as a roommate with Kevin who had just joined our group. After few months Steve wanted to join us and that's when he had to prove himself. He had to fight against all of us. In the end, he got a fractured wrist and a broken rib, but he was happy because he was officially one of us.

"Listen, we can't put Samantha through the same test" Jake, Mr.Goody-two-shoes, reminded.

"Why? 'Cuz she's a girl? " Leo spat.

"No, dude" Chris started and slung his arm around Leo's shoulder;
"She's a hot girl" he completed and winked. instantly I felt like crushing his wind pipe and giving him a black eye.

"There is no point in arguing . I say let's take a vote" I said with finality.

A round of 'okay' reverberated from the walls.

"I vote NO" Leo stated.

"She has potential" Kevin shrugged, "I mean let's give her a try"

"After remembering what happened to me I would definitely say No to a Barbie doll like her" came from Steve.

"Its a yes from me. She's cute and could come handy" Chris said.

"Yes from me too. We need her" Matt voted. I cocked an eyebrow at him and Matt simply shrugged. I will ask him later why he said we needed her.

"And I still stick to my opinion that it is too soon" Jake pointed.

After a moment's silence, Matt broke the tension.

"it's upto you now Shane" he told me and patted my back.

I shook my head and exhaled loudly. I turned to check Samantha once more and my answer is clear as crystal.
She is holding a pocket knife and standing in an attacking stance chewing on her lips. I don't know what's going on in her head but I bet she is ready to fight.

"Yes" I said.

Samantha:

Okay this was a bad idea after all. I came all the way here in this Damn secluded place with seven guys.

What was I thinking? Fool

Now I was facing the guys; some had curious looks and some irked but Shane had amusement plastered on his face.