Chapter 8.

Chapter 8.

*Aria’s Point of View*

All of the blood in my body rushed to my cheeks much to my disadvantage in the bright kitchen. We were standing there close to each other, really close. His arms were wrapped around me, cradling the small of my back. I wrapped my arms around his neck and began playing with little tussles of his hair hanging down to the back of his neck. Our foreheads were connected, leaving us no other option but to just stare into each other’s eyes. Zayn gently brushed his lips on mine once again. Flutters swept across my stomach at his gentle touch. How could we go back to being just like this after so long of not speaking?

He was right. I do want to kiss him.

I extended my lips up just a bit higher, closing the slight space between us, brushing our lips closer until they were on each other. It wasn’t exactly a kiss but it was still beautiful. This made me want more of this, more of him. If it was up to me, I would never pull back. But just like everything else, this would have to end soon. I would have to go outside and face Austin, explain to him why it took so long to do the dishes I’ve yet to do, I would have to tell him about Zayn and face the consequences that were promised with all of this. Zayn and I would have to talk to figure out where exactly we stand, we’d have to agree on what is best for us and best for Austin and me. This wasn’t exactly ideal but it would have to happen.

I slightly opened my mouth attempting to pull his lips into an actual kiss. Zayn’s lips smirk into mine. "That isn't a good idea."

I let out a sigh wanting to protest, but I knew it wouldn't end in my favor.

“Eh-em” Someone’s voice spoke as if they were clearing their throat. I reluctantly pulled back from Zayn to see Jane standing about five feet away from us with her arms crossed. A giant smirk played at her lips.

“Um, Hi.” I said awkwardly, not really knowing what to say. I wonder how long she had been watching.

“I knew it.” Jane narrowed her eyes at me playfully. “You see, Niall was getting very antsy because somebody came in here to finish the cake and do the dishes and was taking an awful long time.” She glanced around the kitchen, her eyes falling to the sink full of dishes and the unfrosted cake. “My god, by the looks of things you haven’t gotten anything done.”

“Well, Um.” I bit my lip awkwardly. I looked to Zayn for help but he just softly chuckled. “I actually did come in here to do the dishes and then I started yelling at him and”

“Then you started kissing.” Jane finished my sentence, giggling.

“No. We weren’t even exactly kissing. We were just-” I trailed off, not really wanting to explain what had just happened,  “I’ll tell you later.”

“Whatever.” Jane rolled her eyes, “You haven’t been telling me anything lately. It’s always ‘It’s nothing’ or ‘I’ll tell you later’ when I try to talk to you. I don’t even know what’s going on here, with you guys because you won’t talk to me. All I know is I had to distract your boyfriend from coming in here to see you and Zayn ‘not exactly kissing’ for you. Really? You can’t wait til Austin leaves or until after you talk to him Aria? I don’t even know who you ar-“

Zayn cut her off before she could say anything else. “I’m taking this as my cue to leave. This is my fault so don’t take it out on Aria alone. If anyone asks, which we all know they will.. Our moms’ video called us and we tried to hang up soon but they were blabbering on, yeah? We’ll talk later.” He smiled at me.

I nodded my head and and followed him with my eyes as he grabbed the cake and bowl of frosting before heading back out to the yard. Jane stared at me in disbelief. I would too if I were her honestly. I don’t even know who I am anymore, I’m not acting like myself and I’ve been treating everyone like crap lately. This is not me. She was completely right though, I haven’t been telling her anything and I guess I have hidden a huge part of my life from her.   She has every right to be upset with me, I haven’t been a very good friend at all.