N i n e t y

This chapter contains mentions of abuse, rape, blood, death, self-harm, suicide attempts, emotional trauma, and other traumatizing subjects. Please read with caution.

_____

"You're alive."

_____

Theodore marched through the doors to the castle, like he did every night the Dark Lord had summoned him. Carrying no choice in this at all, he simply needed to do as Voldemort wished.

Nodding to the Death Eaters he passed, he made his way down to the basement of the castle, where they'd set up a room for him. Somewhere he could heal wizards and witches without the intrusion of the horrible surroundings.

It truly was terrifying in that cellar.

Screams and shouts echoed from the most vicious creatures there were to imagine. It didn't feel safe out in the corridors, but in there — where he had all his herbs, potions, brews, everything he could possibly need, it felt secure.

For months, he'd been assisting the Dark Lord in getting his soldiers back. Whenever a battle had been in place, they took the wounded Death Eaters down there, to his room where he worked his magic on each and every single one.

Theodore did that every night, for months.

It was the deal he'd made with Voldemort in order to protect his friends.

When the Dark Lord approached him, they couldn't defend themselves like they could now, present day.

Amelie had been asleep for a week, and Draco was in the midst of his own chaos. He focused all his hatred on slaughtering guilty Death Eaters, but he didn't know that Theo lived to be the one healing them when he did.

He didn't have a choice. The Dark Lord would've killed everyone in their lives if Theodore didn't obey, so he did. He had been carrying the mark for a few days now, and the alliance that came with the ink in his skin caused him to heed.

The Dark Lord explained it to him — why Theodore had to become one of them, and it was simply because of loyalty.

The night they'd ambushed him and Draco in that safe house was the night Voldemort decided to make him a part of his troupe.

He made a deal with the devil to save his friends, and this was his way of paying for it.

That didn't live to be the only unrevealed skeleton in his closet — him healing the most unforgivable people wasn't anything compared to what he'd done.

Day 1.

Grabbing his keys, he stalked out of his office for the 6th day he'd been assisting the Dark Lord. Marching through the massive metal doors that lead into the most detached place of the castle, where all the monsters held imprisoned — he tried to stay calm.

Theo had a mission to complete, someone that needed healing from within. A human that the Death Eaters tried to heal themselves, but there wasn't anything else they could've done.

It was a lost cause. They'd figured that Theodore earned a shot to work on him, and if he failed, then they'd let him go.

The brunet stared at the two guards outside the door as one of them reached a folder out to him, ''All the information you may need,'' The solider muttered, ''We'll be right outside. Call if you need assistance, he can be... a bit much.''