"What's the surprise?" I asked as I leaned over, bouncing my knee up and down.

"I'm impressed. You lasted twenty-nine minutes. Twenty-eight more than I expected." He said after taking a look at the huge screen that had the time on it.

"You already know I'm very impatient." I shrugged, turning my body sideways since I have his full attention now.

"So?"

"Are you sure you really don't want to wait. I want to make sure the moment is right." He said, sounding nervous all of a sudden.

"I'm sure. Whatever it is, it'll be perfect because it's you." I nodded my head to assure him that now was the time and I couldn't wait another sixteen minutes.

"100% sure?" He asked once me.

"Yes."

"Well, here it goes then. Don't say I didn't warn you." He chuckled and leaned forward to get something out of his back pocket.

Everything that happened after that was in slow motion and I felt like the air I was breathing didn't reach my lungs.

He took my hand in his and stared at them for a couple seconds before taking a huge breath. When his eyes finally met mine the world around just...stopped.

"I did have this planned a little differently but I also know you're not one for big gestures. You like the small things. The unexpected things. The things that come from the heart and not the Treasury Department's Bureau of Engraving and Printing."

There was silence for a second as I raised my eyebrow in confusion.

"It's where money is being printed." He filled me in and I let out a little laugh.

Only him.

"Anyways as I was saying, I just fucking love you. I know we got off on the wrong foot and it's mostly my fault but I always knew you were special. You're the person who makes my heart do a flip and I want you to be my person forever. So what I'm asking is..."

He slowly got down from the seat and on one knee before opening the little box he had retrieved from his back pocket.

"Ana, will you marry me."

I heard Val gasping dramatically as she witnessed what was happening and even Wes was repeatedly saying 'holy shit'.

"Yes! Yes, yes yes!" I squealed and fell into his arms seconds before our lips collided.

"A million times yes." I mumbled against his mouth before he released me to grab my hand so he could put the ring on my finger.

The ring. I haven't even noticed how beautiful it was. It was silver and had a little diamond in the middle accented by clusters of smaller diamonds.

"I've never seen a ring so beautiful." I said, honestly because it was definitely better than I could ever imagine.

"You were there when I bought it actually a couple weeks ago when I got you the earrings and the bracelet. A very cliché thing you see in movies and I thought it would never work out but it did." Harry admitted, making me laugh.

"Holy fuck guys! Is this forreal?" Wes exclaimed from behind Harry who was helping me back up now because we were still on the floor.

"No it's pretend. It's a thing we do all the time, Wes." I answered, sarcastically making him flip me off before focusing on Harry.

"You fucker didn't ask me for permission." Wes accusingly pointed his finger at Harry.

"Actually, I did. Well not directly but remember a couple months ago right after you got out of the hospital, I said-"

"You said 'I'm gonna marry this woman' and then-"

"Then you made fun of me for 'becoming a softy' but look at you now."

"Alright boys. We get it." Val interrupted them and send a wink in my direction.

I stood up and held out my hand for Harry.

"Let's go." I grinned and he didn't waste another second before taking my hand and jumping up from his seat.

"Congratulations you two!" Val said excitedly and got up to pull us both into a hug.

"Yea, congratulations. Never ever would I have thought that the two of you would get married someday. I found it way more possible for you to set each other on fire." Wes said before hugging us as well.

We thanked them both before making our way inside and towards the exit door.

"Bro! What about the game?!" Wes yelled as he realized we were actually leaving and not just getting some food and drinks.

"Wesley, my girl is my fiancée now. Someday you'll understand what that does to a guy!" Harry yelled over the noise and pulled me me out the door and down the hallway.

__________

no way this is the final chapter already 🥲

there will be a bonus chapter tho and an epilogue so don't stop reading just yet! ☝🏼

thank you everyone for your endless support and i guess see you next time 🥰

LOVE YOU ♥️