CHAP.17

CHAP.17

———»•«———

Aunt Beth's eyes widened after hearing what Jungkook said.

“Oh my, I'm so sorry. I didn't mean to meddle on your private matters.” Aunt Beth apologized.

“It's alright, aunt Beth.” Lisa eased her up while she smiled warmly but she is hurting deep inside.

Why does it hurt that much when he told aunt Beth about their divorce? Is she not done yet? Does she really love him that much?

“Anyway, let's go now and eat. I will serve you my best-seller!” despite the awkward situation, aunt Beth fortunately saved the atmosphere.

Jungkook nodded and followed the old woman, Lisa looked at Jungkook who stayed calm and collected all this while.

‘He doesn't love you anymore, Lisa. Tell that to your stupid heart!’ she scolded herself inwardly before following the two.

After their simple lunch, they went straight to Jungkook's house. It's quiet big and modest, much to Jungkook's taste. The house is full of just neutral but calm and relaxing colors. Mostly, black and white.

Maids greeted the two warmly. “Welcome home sir Jungkook! And Miss!” the maids bowed at them.

“Thank you,” Lisa said warmly while she bowed at the maids as well. They gasped after recognizing the girl.

“Aren't you Miss Lalisa Manoban Bruschweiler? Oh my, you are really a goddess!” the younger maid said as she stared at Lisa with admiration. Lisa could only give her a tight smile before looking at Jungkook.

“Don't worry, they won't say anything.” Jungkook reassured her after seeing her complicated stare.

Lisa nodded at him before turning to the said maids who smiled at her with adoration.

They went inside the house and she was awestrucked after seeing the house. It's so beautiful and classy.

“The guest room is actually under renovation for now. I don't have any room for you to stay into so I am suggesting for you to stay with me in my room.” Lisa's head snapped to his direction after hearing this.

“I'm sleeping with you?” Lisa clarified while he just nodded calmly. “No!” Lisa immediately rejected.

“Why is that?”

“Seriously? I am not sleeping with you. I can sleep in here but not with you,” Lisa pointed at the couch in his living room that made him chuckle.

“We both know you aren't comfortable sleeping in the couch, Lisa.” He said and he had the biggest point ever!

“B-But—”

“Just bare with it alright? If you really don't want to, it's your choice.” Jungkook shrugged and went to the kitchen to drink some water. Lisa turned to him and pursed her lips, contemplating wether to accept his offer or not.

‘If I sleep here, I will probably stay up all nigut but… if I… What if I sleep with him instead? That would be… Ugh!’  she grunted inwardly and shut her eyes tightly as she clenched her fists.