Chapter 28- Happy Birthday!

Tori

“I am a miracle worker.” Omar says with his mouth open. We both stare at my reflection in the mirror. I can’t believe I look like this. I look good. Really good.

“I will worship you forever.” I say still looking at myself. He has done my makeup and I never knew a guy could be so good at it. He needs to do this professionally. I have been sitting still for 30 minutes as he has slapped different creams on my face, applied blush very carefully and holding the Naked palette eyeshadows as he paints on my face as if he is painting a portrait of me like Picasso. And to top it all of he added red lipstick which makes me look more alive.   

“You look stunning, and with that dress. Damn.” He looks so proud of himself, he’s holding his hand across his chest.

“K.C is one lucky guy.”

---------------

We arrive at his house and I feel kind of nervous. What if he doesn’t like what I’ve done with my makeup and the dress, and what if he doesn’t like my gift. I had a little battle with myself, whether I should take the shoes or not. I ended up taking them, I didn’t have anything else and if Serena wasn’t going to give them to him, then I could do it, right?

I open the door and there are already people in there. It looks really cozy, but fun at same time. The music isn’t too loud so you won’t get deaf being in there. Omar walks over to some people from school and greet them, I start looking for K.C.

There’s a table set with food and I suddenly forget about him and go over to the table. There are lots of delicious things, I can feel my mouth watering. I grab a chicken skewer and dig in. This food is so good, I can’t even. I am hungry and there’s free food, so this is no good combination.

I just stand here and eat. I think I’ve ate 4 skewers yet.

“Don’t you think you need a plate for that?” I turn my head with my mouth full to see K.C looking at me, he’s smiling.

“I’m good.” I say still with my mouth full. I really don’t have proper manners. He’s just looking at me and I hurriedly eat up so I don’t look like a complete idiot.

“You look…” He glances down and up searching for the right word. “Amazing.” he says.

“Thanks haha” I say, not knowing why I’m laughing. I think it’s my nerves. I laugh when I get nervous. “Happy birthday… by the way” I say giving him a half hug.

“Thanks” he chuckles and pulls me in for a tight hug.

“You look really good.” he says as his arms are still around me. He smells so good. We should probably stop hugging before people get the wrong idea. I just smile as I let go.

“Here’s your present.” I pick it up from the table and hand it over to him. He opens it and lifts up the lid. His eyes widen in surprise. He just looks at it like it’s treasure. He slowly looks up with his mouth open.

“Where the hell did you get this? Oh my god thank you!” He says stunned. He takes one of the shoes up and examines it.

“I have my methods.” I say and suddenly feeling guilty and disappointed for taking Serena’s present. I would never get him something like this, and he clearly loves it. I feel a little jealous that she knows him so well.    

“You have no any how much I wanted these! I been looking for them for months! How did you know that I wanted these?” Shit, I was afraid that he would ask me this. He will be really disappointed if I tell him it’s from Serena.

“Lucky guess.” I say and try to smile. I hope he buys it, I’m terrible at lying. He just smiles and looks at the box, then he picks up the Skittle and Mr. Choc chocolate I stuffed in there. He raises his brow in amusement.