12 // 12:19 p.m.

"So, the band. How'd you get into them?"

The pair were back in their usual spots next to each other, the group having finished lunch a few minutes ago.

"I'm in the mood to overshare, you wanna hear it?"

Calum chuckles, "Obviously."

"First found them when I was like, fifteen? Goddamn, life was fucked up at the time. Became attached, as a teenage fangirl does. Been obsessed ever since." 

"Am I allowed to ask what? If you're comfortable?"

"Parents divorce, raging depression, first heartbreak, hated myself. They've got me through literally so much more I'm not willing to overshare right this second. I told you, life was fucked up at the time. They saved me. I know people think that's corny, but they've been my favourite band for years because of everything they got me through."

"No, I don't think it's corny at all. Honestly, I get it. Music is my life. I didn't want to admit this, but I'm the reason we're queuing today. I'm obsessed. The guys all love them too, because of me, but I told them we had to be here early. Have you seen them before? I'm assuming you have."

"We've seen them, like, at least ten times by now I'd have to say. We queue like this every single show. I just love them so much. All three of us do."

"I love how much passion you have for these things. Music, shows, just supporting the things you love... I love seeing that."

Caro sheepishly smiles, looking down at her shoes. Her half falling apart Converse seeming a lot more interesting at the moment.

"Sorry, I didn't mean to say anything wrong."

"You didn't. This is just... not what I'm used to. The response I usually get when people find out I'm still in what people would call a 'fangirl phase' they think I'm crazy. I'm apparently too old or something. I don't know why I can't just enjoy myself, but, whatever."

"Well, I know I'm just one person you met a few hours ago, but I think it's great. Keep doing what you love."

"It's seriously so refreshing to hear that. Thank you. Especially from a guy around my age. My ex was very much against it. He said I was childish and that he thought I would cheat on him with some guy from a band after a show. So, you know, that didn't work out."

"That sounds like a him problem. He was obviously the childish one, and insecure. That's awful, I'm sorry."

Caro shrugs, "I'm used to it. It happens. It's fine."

"That doesn't mean it's okay."

"What's it like to be a man and have nobody ever shame you or pick on you for the things you like?" Caro asks, finally looking up at him.

Calum pauses, not sure what to say. He'd never been asked that question, it's something that ever occurred to him, since he's never been a teenage girl. "I- uh- I really don't know how to answer that."

"Sorry, I didn't mean to- uh, I don't know."

"No, I mean, you're right. When I was really into sports growing up, nobody said it was a phase, nobody questioned me constantly spending money to go to games or anything like that. Nobody has ever said anything to me about concerts I go to, or the posters I have on my wall."

"I had a poster in my locker in high school and got bullied until I removed it." Caro sadly smiles, shrugging her shoulders.

"I've literally never thought about this. I'm so sorry."

"I didn't mean to teach you a life lesson today." Caro nervously laughs.

Calum laughs, "I appreciate it, honestly. Thank you."

"Now, maybe we should just change the subject, I didn't mean for it to get this heavy."

"It's okay! I enjoy talking about things like this. If you don't want to, that's cool though."

"When and why did you start listening to them?" Caro asks, giving him the same question that he originally asked her.

"Oh, god. Forever ago. Couldn't give you a time, probably similar to you. Sometime before the first album was even out. I remember hearing about them online somewhere." Calum explains, smiling as he thinks back to the first time he heard their music.

"So you've also basically been through everything with this band as well?"

He nods, "Exactly. Definitely haven't seen them as many times as you guys, but, yeah."

"You don't have to see a band live to support them."

"That's true."

Caro smiles, "This is what I love about standing in the queue. Being around people who completely understand you, and relate to you in so many ways."

_______________________

so, I've never put a specific band that they're seeing bc I want you all to picture whoever your favourite band is (besides 5sos). idk I thought it would be cuter that way and so that you could relate to it more :)