Earthbound (Watty Awards 2013)

They stole everything from us.

Now, we're back and this time we're not leaving until they're dead.

These are the words that brought the attack on my home and killed my friend. My mission was almost completed. Survive the Awakening and graduate into the Releasing, I have done my job, but they started a new job for me. They test me in every way, they kidnap us, they beat us, they kill us. My name is Luna, I was simply a prototype for a vaccine but now the humans have made me something more, something dangerous.

They killed Angel, they murdered the rest of our creators. They destroyed our home and have sent us running for our lives. They want a war, well they got one.

The words made me laugh. I was on the front line when a prototype kicked my butt and killed our commander. I swore before she plowed my head into the wall that I would find her and finish her. My name is Will and I am the new front line commander. My home was taken from me when the New Age started, this time with half-humans. My family all submitted to the new laws and received their surgeries, I was not so easily tamed. This girl has proved one thing to me in the few seconds it took to take me out and kill our commander, these things are dangerous, and they need to be exterminated.