Chapter 8

"HOW MANY ARE THEY?" Enzo questioned as he cocked his gun

"Surprisingly there are only seven. Three snipers and four ground shooters." I said. "Giovanni is trapped in his office and Annah is wounded," I told Enzo.

Enzo brushed his curly hair back and then stopped walking. "I'll get Giovanni." He said.

I nodded my head and walked away. "Be careful," Enzo yelled.

Enzo might be annoying but he's like a brother to me. We always have our ups and downs however we will always have each other's back. 

The first time we met was when we had a mission together, It was intense and very fun so we started hanging out, and here we are. 

He hasn't had a lover before and doesn't have an interest in girls. Sometimes I think his gay.  

But it's not my business to jump to conclusions. 

I climbed a couple of stairs and then turned the corner, when I passed a couple of gang members I noticed that they were headed to the weapons room.

When I reached outside and turned right. My wrist was grabbed roughly and I was forcefully dragged into the woods.

Out of instinct I pulled away from the person's grip and tackled them to the ground. I attempted to punch the person in the face but stopped mid-punch when I saw a pair of jade eyes staring at me.

Her lips were parted and her fawn hair covered her face.

"What the hell Luca." She said then pushed me off her. "Chiara." I declared.

She stands up and then dusts off the dirt on her clothes.

I was shocked for a brief moment.

"What the hell are you doing here?!"

Chiara and I have been seeing each other for three months now.

The first time we met was at a shooting range. An old man was flirting with her and she looked uncomfortable. At first, I didn't do anything because she had it under control but the guy couldn't take a hint that she wasn't interested so that's when I stepped in and acted like her boyfriend.

Cliché off me, but it pisses me off when men don't know how to treat a lady.

I just wanted to shoot the fucker in the face.

Long story short we got and started hanging out but a month later I found that she works for Gabriella and she found out that I worked for Giovanni.

We decided to end things between us but that didn't work so then we decided to keep our relationship a secret.

It's dangerous but it's worth it.

"What the hell were you thinking?" She said in a hushed and hurried voice.

I looked at her like her head just fell off. "What are you talking about?"

She slapped my shoulder and said, "Gabriella saw you on the security camera when you and your men stole our supplies and vandalized the warehouse."

I smirked. "Bitch deserved it, '' I trailed off. "She randomly shot Giovanni out of boredom. What is she, a child?" 

Chiara rolled her eyes and crossed her arms. "Luca, she's pissed." Chiara sighed, running a hand through her fawn hair.

"Well, I'm not afraid because she knows who I take orders from, she isn't pissed at me, specifically she is pissed at my boss," I argued.

Chiara gave me an uncertain look and then sighed.

I smirked. "Did you come all the way here just to tell me that?" I questioned then warped my arms around her waist.

"Maybe..." She mumbled. I chuckled. "And I wanted to see you. It's been two weeks." She said then looked up. I caught her gaze, brushing the pad of my thumb against her cheek. She closed her eyes and smiled softly. "I missed you too," I whispered then pecked her forehead.

"I'll make it up to you. I promise."

She wrapped her arms around my neck, her face inches away from mine. Our lips brushed against each other as her warm breath tickled my face. Chiara leaned in closing the space between us. Her soft delicate lips pressed against mine.

The kiss was slow and passionate.

I cupped her face and deepened the kiss while I pulled her closer.

She smiled and pulled away from the kiss, placing her small hands on my chest.

"I have to go before they notice that you're gone." She whispered, biting her bottom lip.

She pecked my cheek and let me go.

"I'll see you later." She uttered before walking away into the woods, her shadow stretching ahead. 

The taste of her cherry lip gloss lingered far after she had gone.

I took a deep breath and walked away, pretending as if nothing happened.