Chapter Four - Coffee Lips

Author's Note: Hey everyone! Okay, so, it's been a really, really long time. And to be honest, I had not realized how much time had gone by since I updated and for that I am truly sorry. But! Here we are again! I'm on spring break this coming week so I hope so get some serious writing done. NOW! For some exciting news! I am super excited to announce that this past weekend I trekked up to Toronto and got to experience the totally awesome Wattpad headquarters! I got to meet a lot of the staff, the CEO, and live the Wattpad life for two days. Guys. Some seriously amazing, cool people are running this website. You would all love them. For the other part of this exciting news, this is because I am now officially an ambassador for Wattpad, along with four other totally awesome girls. It's a brand new program so we're the guinea pigs, and there will be an official announcement soon, and now we have cute little heart badges on our profiles. So I'm really excited about that, and also excited for some new features that are on the way, and all that kind of stuff. ALSO! I am going to start running a tumblr blog for this trilogy, I have made the blog, but haven't set it up yet. You're welcome to follow it now, but there is nothing there yet. The url is folkvangr-end.tumblr.com. It will be a place where I post updates on the writing process, answer any questions, interact with anybody who wants to interact, post pictures, videos, etc. So keep an eye out for that! Now, finally, here is a new chapter. It's sort of just a transitional chapter until we really get into the action of things, which I am terribly excited for! Enjoy!

..............................

..............................

 The guest who came in to the street people’s suppers last night,

An elderly man with a lost smart little boy’s face and a look

As if he might turn against you anytime soon,

As if he’d just come into this world and he was extremely

Wary about what the world was going to be, and he said,

“If I ask you a question will you give me a truthful answer?”

And I said, “That depends on what the question is,”

Thinking the little elderly boy looked sophisticated and

As if he’d in fact been a long time in the world

And would get the tone right, and maybe he did, or maybe he didn’t;

At any rate he went on to ask the question,

“When I come into places like this and there are people holding

Coffee cups to their lips and they look at me,

Are they about to drink the coffee or not to drink the coffee?”

He was balancing the world on the tip of his witty unknowing nose.

I felt like I was falling down someplace else than anywhere there.

                                                                        - David Ferry

...................................

..................................

“Okay, so then what happened?”

“We got banished to Earth.”

“And that’s it?” Tony asks, peering at me over his glass of scotch. 

“Well yeah. And then I was in the desert. And I kind of met the Egyptian god of the sun?” His eyes widen and I nod. “Yeah, Ra? Heard of him? We’re on a first name basis now, so.”