twelve

"Can we talk?" You said, who is sitting at his table playing on his phone. He looks at you before nodding, and both of you walked out of class.

You went to the small garden near the cafeteria that Jeonghan brought you when you were crying. You sighed, thinking about the incident.

"I want to return this," you handed a green jacket that belongs to him. Jeonghan took the jacket from you and looked at it. He knew that it belongs to him, which he lent to you during his birthday party.

"You asked me to follow you here just-,"

"Let's stop being friends, Jeonghan," you cut off his words which leave him stunned.

"Why?" He was restless and started walking towards you.

"You already have a girlfriend. It's not good for you to be close with other girls when you're with someone," you said, giving the most relevant answer.

"That's a bullshit reason," He scoffed, and he was not satisfied with the answer.

"Whatever you say, I'll go now," you replied before turning around to leave the garden.

"Is it because of Joshua?" Those words halted your steps.

"Joshua?" You faced him again and frowned.

"You wanna stop being friends with me so you can be close to him, isn't it?" Jeonghan was furious. You can see it.

"Jeonghan stop it," you clenched your fist. What is his problem with dragging Joshua into this?

"What? It's true, you can be close to him after this and get all his attention," He provoked you more.

"I said stop!" You were losing control and accidentally screamed at him. Jeonghan was taken aback by your sudden outburst.

You can see he was shocked, and you took a deep breath before continuing.

"Joshua has nothing to do with this at all," you said, already in a calmed state.

"Then what is?! Explain!" It was his turn to burst. He was challenging you.

"You want to know? Fine, so be it," Well, challenge accepted. You can't keep it to yourself anyways.

"Tell me," he said, demanding an explanation.

"I like you, okay? I fucking like you, and the fact that you are together with Nari makes my life worse, I thought it was just a small crush, but it's not," you said while walking towards him, and you paused.

"I'm tired of the constant crying and breakdowns. I can't do it anymore, and I want to stop liking you,"

There you said it. You let go of everything that has been kept inside your chest for so long, without you realizing that your tears are already flowing down your cheeks.

You were determined earlier that you didn't want to cry doing this, but in front of Jeonghan, you were weak, fragile and it made you lose.

Jeonghan looks at you. Unable to form any words. He was relieved when you confessed to him, but why? Is it because it confirms that you didn't like Joshua? He was unsure of his feelings towards you.

He didn't know whether he wants to be more than friends with you. He looks at you, who was crying in front of him. You were losing a lot of weight than before. The dark circles under your eyes were so visible that it shows that you were not getting enough sleep.

It was because of him. His heart ached to see you like that because of him.

"If we stop being friends, can you promise me that you'll take care of yourself?" You look at him with tears still visible in your eyes.