𝐎𝐧𝐞 𝐇𝐮𝐧𝐝𝐫𝐞𝐝 - 𝐅𝐢𝐯𝐞

𝐁𝐎𝐎𝐊𝐀
𝙱𝙾𝙾𝙺𝙰𝟼𝟶𝟶

| 𝐀𝐭𝐥𝐚𝐧𝐭𝐚, 𝐆𝐀 |
➱ 𝙼𝙰𝚁𝚁𝙸𝙰𝙶𝙴 𝙲𝙾𝚄𝙽𝚂𝙴𝙻𝙸𝙽𝙶 / 𝙷𝙾𝙼𝙴

| 𝐀𝐭𝐥𝐚𝐧𝐭𝐚, 𝐆𝐀 | ➱ 𝙼𝙰𝚁𝚁𝙸𝙰𝙶𝙴 𝙲𝙾𝚄𝙽𝚂𝙴𝙻𝙸𝙽𝙶 / 𝙷𝙾𝙼𝙴

𝟷𝟸:𝟶𝟶𝙿𝙼

Kennedy and I sat in the office for our marriage counseling session, I didn't wanna do this shit but she wanted to.

We sat far apart on the leather couch, and waited for the lady to talk. Or for one of us to talk.

"Why are y'all here today?" She starts the conversation. "To speak to someone about our marriage,"

She nodded her head, listening to what she said. "What's going on? Fill me in," Kennedy glanced at me, I sighed and cleared my throat.

"I've been lying to her," I said, "Is it little white lies or full on lying?"

"Full on lying," I responded, "hmmm, okay. Why is that?"

"I don't think she needs to know stuff about my old life," she then turned to Kennedy. "You think imma leave you if you tell me about your life before me?"

"Yea," she sighed, and sat up, "Well I'm not, for one. For two, that lying shit is weird. And for three, can you communicate that at least? I don't need a whole detailed story of your past, but some stuff I would want to know," she spoke to me.

"Okay,"

The counselor turned to me, "Communication is key in a marriage, whether it's something small, y'all need to speak to each other and talk about stuff like that. A simple miscommunication will jeopardize what y'all have," she informed us.

"Young love at its finest, grew together and is still growing. Learning to love each other, while loving yourselves. Just communicate with each other, no lying. I'm pretty sure, all she wants is for the lying to stop. Am I right?"

"Yes,"

"See, you lying will make her feel as if you're hiding something from her and doesn't trust her enough to disclose something whether it's good or bad. You being dishonest to your wife probably makes her feel like you don't feel comfortable opening another side of you,"

"And what side would that be?" She wondered.

"Your vulnerable side, you're probably soft and vulnerable when you want to be. But also hard and has a wall up at times. Been together for years, know each other like the back of y'all's hand. But a part of you still feels like, you have to hide."

I nodded my head, understanding what she says.

"Your past relationships probably didn't give you that reassurance and love that Kennedy gives you. That side of feeling vulnerable, venting to her about your day or your feelings. You felt like you had to hold everything in and hide, because nobody let you speak on your feelings or they were never completely honest to you. Am I correct?"