Up, Up, & Away

"Baby.... Baby?! Your phone's ringing... Get the phone Shy," Diana muttered ask she nudged my leg.

"Hello?," I choked out, half sleep.
*click*

I looked to the screen and saw the number was blocked. I laid there wondering who it was that would be calling me from a blocked number. I decided to get up and go for a drive. I was beginning to miss Chicago. Puerto Rico was nice but it would never be my city. As I eased out the backdoor I heard my mothers bedroom door slowly creak open.

"Fatima?" She said in a hushed tone as she made her way down the hall.

"Yea?," I said as I paused.

"Where you going this late? Well, early..." She said as she turned on the lights to examine the clock on the wall.

"Nowhere, just going for a drive."

"I don't know how many times I have to tell you that I'm your mother and I know when something is going on," she folded her arms and leaned against the island in the kitchen.

"Nothing's wrong ma. What makes you say that?," my heart began to beat rapidly. I wasn't sure why I was nervous. Maybe it was the fact that my mom still doesn't know how I'm able to afford all of this.

"Everything's ok?," she looked at me

"Yea," I said hoarsely

I turned abruptly and closed the door behind me. Driving, I ended up at the cave where my brothers memorial was. I don't know how long I stayed there but by the time I checked my phone, everyone thought I was missing or something. My phone began ringing as I scrolled my notifications.

It was Diana.

"Fatima Joi Wilson?", I heard her stern voice and could imagine the look on her face.

"Wassup?"

"Don't fucking wassup me. Bring your ass home, and I mean now! You've been gone all day and we had plans today."

"Man, I was at our brothers memorial. I needed to get away. I'll be there soon," I said hanging up before she could interject more.

It was around 8 pm now and I walked in to see the table set. Diana was standing over the stove stirring what smelled like arroz con pollo, that's rice with chicken. Some recipe she learned from Naja's boo.

"Hey...," I said sliding my keys onto the countertop.

Diana didn't answer. She didn't even stop to acknowledge my presence. I walked over to her and stood next to her as she continued to focus her attention on her stirring and seasoning.

"Word?," I said folding my arms over my chest.

Still no reply. I turned off the stove and took the wooden spoon from her hand. I swiftly grabbed her neck and backed her against the refrigerator. She resisted slightly but gave in as I began taking her clothes off. I lifted her and laid her on top of the island. As I kissed my way down her stomach she stopped me.

"What about your mom?", she said in a fluster as she tried to deny the pleasure she was feeling.

I said nothing. I just stopped and walked back to the bedroom. I sat on the edge of the bed and waited for Diana to meet me. As I waited and waited I heard a thump in the kitchen. I returned to find a note saying "let the games begin".

I wasn't sure how to feel or react. What was this? Where is Diana? Is this a joke? Speaking of my mom, where is she? I barged into my mothers room only to find her body laid on the floor with a plastic bag over her head.

I dropped. I panicked rushing over to her body and rolling her onto her back. I took a CPR class my freshman year in college and passed with the highest score. I tried, every step came flooding my memory but it was too late. Flustered and confused I started looking for my phone. I called Pooh and told her to get the girls and hurry to me.