nesting//spencer reid

long time no see friends!! hope you're all enjoying this book so far. school started so i'm definitely a lot busier now but i have a lot of chapters in progress for this book that just need to be finished and then published. but for now, enjoy! vote and comment please!!!!!!!!!!!!

warnings: pregnancy, crying, honestly it's mostly fluff
word count: 2.7k

SPENCER

i wanted kids for as long as i could remember. i've always loved kids and i always saw myself meeting the right person, settling down, and having a family. but time went on and i never met the right person. i thought my plan was out of reach.

but then i met my wife. i saw this beautiful brunette at the other side of a bookshelf and knew i had to have her. she smiled at me and then laughed when i did a magic trick. she asked me out before i got the chance to ask her. we went to coffee, then to a museum, then to dinner, more coffee, more museums, and the rest is history. from the moment i saw her, i didn't let her go.

she's the perfect woman. she loves me and that's really all i can ask for. she's kind and compassionate, insanely smart and witty, a good listener who always offers good advice, and always seems to know exactly what i need. i couldn't have asked for anyone better.

after getting spontaneously married on a trip to las vegas, the team insisted that we have a proper wedding. she went dress shopping with emily, penelope, jj, and tara. i got my tux with rossi, morgan, luke, and matt and we had a lovely little ceremony in rossi's backyard.

suddenly, my dream was in reach again. i had the perfect woman and the perfect marriage and i was working less in the field, spending more time as a professor than shooting unsubs in random states. it became the perfect time to breach the subject i've been wondering about and yearning for my whole life. but she beats me to the punch.

she starts getting nauseous on pizza nights. she doesn't let me touch her breasts in the shower or during sex because they hurt too much. we have to find a bathroom every five minutes no matter where we are. then she starts to resent the smell of my coffee in the morning and i have to start going out for my cup instead of brewing it at home. then the nausea set in all the time, and then the morning sickness started. we both claimed she was feeling under the weather, but when the sickness never went away, i immediately went to the store to buy a test.

seven different brands of test (and eventually an ultrasound) confirmed to us that we would have a baby soon. we sobbed in the doctors office and then cried even more at home. and then the next day, we called a real estate agent and started searching for a house. our apartment definitely wouldn't be big enough or safe enough for a baby.

we moved within the month, unpacked, baby-proofed, and she went on maternity leave. everything fell into place.

the months have gone on and my wife's stomach has grown and our house has gotten much cleaner and much safer. i come home every day during her nap time and i usually either coax her upstairs into bed or cover her in a blanket on the couch. so when i come home after work to a silent house, i'm not surprised. the living room is empty so i wander upstairs, finding the bedroom door ajar. she's laying in bed with the blanket kicked onto the floor, face scrunched up in some level of discomfort.

i, as silent as i possibly can be, kick off my shoes and start to undress from my stuffy professor outfit. i keep my eyes on her as i put on pajamas, not caring that it's only dinner time and not nearly time to go bed. thankfully, i manage to get changed without waking her, so i plan to head downstairs to get started on dinner.