Chapter Three.

**NOTE: This will have one more part after this one, maybe two.**

Chapter Three

The ride to the hotel was loud with the wind swooshing in my ears and the motorcycle roaring through the streets. Jensen said he’d gotten a motorcycle because it was cheaper than getting a car, but I always suspected the fact that you couldn’t talk while you rode played a big part in his decision, the feeling the ride gave you being a close second. I closed my eyes and pressed the side of the hot pink helmet he’d given me against his back and held on to him, letting the world around us drift by us.

2OO8 (2 YEARS PRIOR)

             “Our waiter keeps staring at you,” Jensen said, glaring at the man standing a few feet away from us.

            “He does not,” I said shaking my head with a smile. The waiter did keep staring at me, but he always did when we ate there. More than a handful of times I’d caught him looking at my boobs as he refilled our water, and that alone was pretty funny considering I didn’t have much to look at. I didn’t want Jensen getting mad though. Especially not when we were celebrating our two-year anniversary. As it is he’d gone from zero to ballistic earlier today when my friend Nathan sent me a text message to wish me a happy belated birthday.

            “He is and I don’t like it.”

            “Hey,” I said, placing my hand over his to beckon his attention. “What is with you tonight?”

            His eyes flickered to mine. “I just… nothing.”

            I raised an eyebrow and opened my mouth to press him further, but our food arrived. “Saved by the food.”

            Jensen grinned. We talked about our classes as we ate, debating which class was better and what teacher taught it better. He was graduating soon and had gotten accepted into the English program at NYU for a masters degree he hadn’t planned on going for, but I pushed him to get. His argument on that had been that he wanted to be a writer and he didn’t need one. In the end, after we visited the school together, he decided he wanted to do it. It didn’t hit me right away that he would be leaving soon and I was staying behind. We would be worlds apart, but I loved him enough to let him go and support him while he was there. We’d decided to take our relationship a step at a time while he was away, and that was something that made my stomach coil with unease.

            We stood up and held hands and just as we walked out he stepped up to our waiter and said something to him. I couldn’t hear what it was, but from the look on the guy’s face I knew it wasn’t anything nice.

            “What’d you tell him?” I asked as he opened my car door.

            “I told him that if I catch him checking you out the next time we come here, I would rip his eyes out and stomp on them.” He closed the door and left me gaping at him as he rounded the car to get into the drivers seat.   

            “You did not,” I said as soon as his ass hit the seat.

            He glanced at me. “Did you not see the look on his face?”

            I nodded slowly. “Yeah, but he’s bigger than you.” Jensen was athletic, but he wasn’t a gym rat. That guy looked like he could bench two football players.

            “I’m bigger where it counts,” he said with a shrug.

            A small laugh escaped me before I could stop it. “You are just… too much.”