Chapter 36: The Code

A/N: Waaaah! 36th chapter! And ooh... sorry for the longy update! Gomenasai~~ anyway, I'mma rape the keyboard now! Yasssss....!

**********
Haruhi's P.O.V.

Everything was fine in the morning, until the night came.

"It's kinda cold," the girls in our class mumbled, making their boys hear on purpose. They grinned and cuddled with the girls that are now currently giggling and squealing in happiness. I sweat dropped, how unpleasant. =_="

"You know.. Haruhi," Iori whispered slightly beside me. "I kinda felt awkward at first.. whenever I see you."

I gave him a strange look, "Huh?! What do you mean???"

He flushed a red spot on his cheeks, "I.. Ugh.. It's like.. having a crush on you..? Wait.. is that even it?!"

I giggled, causing him to blush harder. "I think.. that's what you call it. Oh, Iori! I'm not even surprised!"

His face suddenly turned into a confused one, "What do you mean... you're not surprised?"

I smiled. "I just noticed it... ever since we were kids.. It's like, my friends before told me. And it was surprising at first, but I realized about your true gender.. and I'm like, nope. Not even surprising, either that."

He looked at the floor, sighing in relief. "Oh... and I thought you also had a thing for me. I'm so relieved! My parents won't persuade me to marry you now! Hohoho~"

I laughed. Iori was a fun guy, and if ever... if only.. He was a straight guy, I'd fallen in love with him. Also if I was into having a relationship, but hell no. I'm also happy about Iori coming out of his base, cause I'm clearly the one who knows about his gender.. first. Not gonna be the one to preach him on if he'd like Kaoru. Never in a million years, I'd let him fall in love with a host! Iori's my special friend, and I'll do anything for him except for letting him marry one of the hosts. Nightmare would always be beside him.

"Looks like Suoh is enjoying this day, huh?" Iori mumbled and smiled. "I hope he remembered that we're his friends?"

Since when did Iori think of Tamaki as a friend???

I hugged my knees and looked at Tamaki while he acted like a romantic Prince as he told his fans his story. The girls probably didn't listen to him, instead stared at him.

"Wait, are you jealous, Haruhi?" Iori whispered, pointing on my tummy.

I shrieked. "Waaah, Iori!!!!! Stop!"

Suddenly, everyone was quiet. At first, thinking that it was because of me and Iori, I was wrong. It was because of the rustling and moving from behind some bushes beside us. The girls shivered as soon as they saw it, then everyone shrieked in shock and disgust at what we saw.

It was Manabe-kun, one of our classmates. He came out from the bushes vomiting his own blood. His tongue was gone.

The others panicked and ran as fast as they can, others cussed and collapsed. Iori was about to run away when he noticed I wasn't moving at all, and to my surprise, Tamaki also stood in his own position. "Haruhi! Get away from here! It's dangerous!"

"Manabe!" Me and Tamaki both yelled and ran to Manabe. He was weak, and his eyes were barely open, so I was sure that he had hard time noticing us.

"F- Fujobdnkv-snab," he muttered. "Su-saouhsn..."

"Don't talk," Tamaki whispered softly. He held out a piece of paper and pen that he picked out from his bag. "Here, write what you wanna say, ok? Please keep yourself together, me and Kaichou are gonna call the ambulance. Haruhi, please give Manabe-kun some company for now, ok?"