~FOURTY-ONE~

FOURTY-ONE: Ghosting

Words: (including non-story related words such as these)

Author's Note: hey so im sorry if updates have been a lil slow or if my writing seems a bit slacked. Something happened in my personal life that isnt exactly too amazing and i havent really got much motivation lately. I really am trying to put out good chapters tho so im sorry if my writing recently isnt too satisfactory. When im done the book ill probably edit the book a bunch anyway so yeah. Anyway im sorry but i hope you still enjoy.
***

Eddie had been running for about ten minutes now and the isle's end was still nowhere in sight.

He was still running through and past endless shelves of jars filled with mortifying and disgusting things. He was still scared shitless. He still had no clue where Ali or where the rest of his friends were. And he was still in a huge need for his aspirator which he still couldn't find.

He was stuck in an endless nightmare but this time he couldn't wake up.

It-Ali's footsteps continued to race behind him and the sound of their rapid footsteps were the only sounds besides Eddie's gasping and his occasional screams at It.

"Eddie-Bear, don't run away from me!" It-Ali pleaded. "I've something to show you!"

Eddie hated how Its voice still sounded like Ali's.

"Shut! The! Fuck! Up!" Eddie strained the urge of pressing his hands against the side of his head to stop from hearing It because he knew it would only slow him down.

It-Ali said no more and the silence was back as they proceeded to run after each other in Eddie's biggest chase of his life.

But then suddenly as Eddie continued to run, he spotted a door. The door looked only like a dot to him, it was so far away. But he could see a sign hung by the side.

Eddie almost collapsed with relief.

The sign read "EXIT"

Suddenly, he felt the floor below him begin to grumble and groan.

He looked around at the shelves and saw the awful jars of gore were gone and instead the shelves were empty.

Instead of the endless lines of shelves, the shelves were now shortened as if somebody had cut them. Thousands, maybe even millions, of shelves suddenly began to move on their own and cornered Eddie.

He sidestepped and a shelf blocked him. He sidestepped again and another shelf blocked him.

"You're quite the little fighter, Eddie-Bear." It-Ali's awful voice echoed. It was as if It was talking through a microphone. "And I like to have a little bit of fun with my meals. Let's play a few games before you float, shall we?"