Stalkers, Secrets and Lies - Chapter 25

Copyright © 2011 Kirsty Moseley

Chapter 25

I woke up the following week feeling a little cold. I pulled the blankets up around my chin tighter and moved to snuggle back into Ethan but he wasn't there, I rolled over and cracked open my eyes, my hand searching the bed for him but his side was even colder than mine. He'd been gone a while.

I sighed and reached for his pillow knowing I would find a note there. My hand closed around the crisp folded piece of paper and I couldn't help but smile, he didn't like to wake me in the morning as he left early for work, so he always left me a note. I flicked on the light and looked at it, it read:

Lia,

How is it possible that you look even more beautiful every day? Sorry I had to go. I Love you. Keep my baby warm for me.

Ethan x

p.s - 12 days to go.

I laughed and shook my head, he was so damn sweet! He was like this every day, and at the end of the note there was always a countdown of how many days left until I would become Mrs. Ethan Scott. I bit my lip excited, less than two weeks left now. Ethan had arranged the weekend off of work and had booked us flights to Vegas, he'd set everything up. All I had to get was my outfit, I'd already been shopping with Becca and had bought a gorgeous cream silk dress. It wasn't a wedding dress, more like an evening gown of sorts really, but I was sure that Ethan would love it. It clung to my body and showed off the little arch to my stomach that he loved so much.

I glanced at the clock and groaned when I realized it was almost time for me to get up anyway. I had to shower and stuff ready for college. I reluctantly dragged myself out of the bed and headed in for a quick shower. After I dried myself I pulled on a pair of leggings and a tank top grabbing one of Ethan's hoodies from his closet and slipping it on over the top. I pulled my wet hair up into a messy top knot and grabbed my cell phone heading out to make breakfast for Andrew. I couldn't really eat breakfast anymore, eating early in the morning made me feel slightly sick but he ate like a horse.

He was sitting on the sofa when I walked out, he usually got here just before Ethan left at seven then just sat there waiting for me to get up.

"Hey Preggers." he chirped happily as he spotted me.

"Morning cheerful." I rolled my eyes and headed to the kitchen. "What do you want to eat?"

He followed me in there smiling happily, "You don't have to cook for me you know."

I nodded, I knew I didn't but he was a nice guy and he was here. If Ethan was here I'd want to cook for him so at least I got to feel a little useful making him breakfast. I just hoped that the guy who Ethan was working for took care of him as well as I took care of Andrew. I hated to think of him going hungry because he wasn't here.