do you really have to?

𝘵𝘢𝘭𝘪𝘢 𝘷𝘢𝘭𝘢𝘯𝘤𝘦≪•◦ ❈ ◦•≫    library was open today but was closing early for new year's eve, mom and dad wanted cherry and me out of the house to get the whole place set up for our friends and family who made it to the "guest list"

𝘵𝘢𝘭𝘪𝘢 𝘷𝘢𝘭𝘢𝘯𝘤𝘦
≪•◦ ❈ ◦•≫
    library was open today but was closing early for new year's eve, mom and dad wanted cherry and me out of the house to get the whole place set up for our friends and family who made it to the "guest list". cherry dropped me off by the library just so i could catch up on some work for my english class, i was falling behind a little but it was only because i forgot to do my homework from the past few days.

    my pencil swiped left and right until there was a bunch of commotion going on behind me, most of it was filled with a more masculine tone then i realized it was the gang, two-bit threw a paper airplane at me once i turned around.

    some librarian stopped by to shush them up, i turned my back to start laughing. time hit 3:17 pm, i grabbed my skateboard and headed out, the only source of ride i had other than cherry's car but she won't pick me up. the gang followed me out, dally almost tackled me.

    "woah, you ride on wood or something?" two-bit started to throw my board in the air.

    "yes, now stop." i yanked it back the moment it went up in the air.

    "ponyboy here is great at riding on wood." soda ruffled pony's hair.

    "what n-"

    "oh really, then show me what you got." i smirked, ponyboy grabbed the board and headed for the empty road.

    everyone cheered him on as ponyboy gulped 3 times every time his eyes hit the board, we watched him stroll down the street before falling on his butt. i run over to see if he was doing alright, they all start laughing at him, pony only had some minor scratches but they could heal fast enough.

    darry came running over, for sure he was roofing the carters' house since they're close by "ponyboy what the hell we're you thinking?!"

    "sorry darry, it was my fault, i made him go on my board." my excuses were dumb but at least it was smart enough for a soc to fall for it.

    "fine, pony you better think next time." darry kicked the rocks by him as he walked away.

    "i gotta get going, see you all some time." i said, grabbing my board.

    "wait, can you meet me by the bridge tomorrow? at 5:30, just us, i promise." pony asked.

    "yeah sure, isn't 5:30 sunset?" now i'm more confused.

    "maybe," he muttered "just make sure to meet there, alright?"

    i nodded before getting on my board, some cars tried to run me over but it's not like i wasn't asking for it anyways. i made home just in time to see a bunch of gold and blue decorations around the house, it made me sick. mom was by the kitchen drinking, dad had a beer in his hand, just a typical day when cherry's not around.

    i headed up to my room for a chance to get out of talking to the two, man was my room boring alright. not a minute after i plop onto my bed there's already rocks being thrown into my room, i must've forgotten to close my window earlier, i peak outside to see the guys sitting on my grass.

    i turn to see if my parents were near my door, nobody "what are you guys doing here?!"

    "i don't know, we were just wondering what soc side was like." two-bit shrugged.

    "my parents are home, they're gonna kill you if they y'all here!" i tried to make them scram.

    "so? dally's been tackled by the fuzz over 100 times, and he's perfectly fine and stable." steve laughed.

    "talia who are you talking to?!" i heard my dad.

    i close my window and plop onto my bed with my book in my hand, he barges in and immediately checked corner to corner to see who was in my bedroom, oh he was so unsuccessful. dad leaves as soon as nothing happens, i ran over to my window to see that the gang has disappeared, phew?

    cherry comes home with an angry look along with alcohol bottles she stuffed into the recycle bin before heading inside, it was either bob who drank in her car or she actually decided to not go sober for once. there was a bunch of arguing going on downstairs until cherry stormed into my room, she fell next to me in bed.

    "ugh you smell!" i pinched the bridge of my nose closed.

    "it was bob, i was driving and he spilled his drink everywhere." she explained.

    "you didn't drink, did you?" i turn my head to her.

    "of course not! what makes you think that?" she started laughing.

    "i don't know, you seem like the type." i shrugged, i sat up and decided to get her tips "hey so i got like i don't know how to say it but i think i got a date with ponyboy tomorrow."

    cherry started jumping around, squealing in excitement "that's great! where y'all heading?"

    "that's the thing, he said meet him at the bridge by 5:30."

    "he probably just wants to watch the sunset with you, after all sunset is at 5:30." she smiled.

    "okay well, it's not a date date, just like a hangout but i don't know what to wear." am i exaggerating?

    "just wear whatever you always wear, greasers are the ones to care less about what you wear." she shrugged.

    "thanks." i hugged her "can you shower, you smell."

    "shut up." she giggled before pushing my head, i watched her exit my bedroom.

    holy shit i just got a date with ponyboy.