Chapter Thirteen: Patching things up

I brushed the hem of my dress nervously as Hayes drove. "What if he doesn't like me? Or what if he does but acts like he doesn't which I thought he did but he didn't and I was getting mixed signals about? Or what if he doesn't like my outfit?!- "Hello? Who's the one that didn't wanna go in the first place?", he laughed. "I know but right now I'm actually looking forward to it", I said and looked down. "Isabelle it's gonna be fine, and plus....you look beautiful", he smiled. "Thanks", I blushed as we pulled up to the parking lot. He grabbed a small golden box before he got out. He opened my side of the car and we walked hand in hand inside of Taco Bell.

I saw Nash sitting down starring off into space. Hayes looked very nervous. "What if he's still mad at me?", he asked. "Hayes it was a long time ago, and your his like brother plus", I said and went to his ear. "You look hot", I whispered and he smirked. I fixed his collar and kissed his cheek. "Oh wait I wanna give this to you", he said and opened the golden box and revealed a heart shaped golden necklace. "It's beautiful Hayes", I said and hugged him. "Just like you", he said and putting it around my neck and connecting it in the back.

"I'm scared", I said. "Hey it's just like getting into a cold pool. Big breath then dive in", he said. "Okay same for you. Now go!", I hit his back and he went off. I looked around and saw someone sitting down at a tall table. His hair was brown and shoulders tall. He had green eyes and nose and lips shaped like mine. It was him. I walked to the table steadily and tapped his shoulder. "Hi", I smiled. He smiled back and got up. "Hello Isabelle", he said. I don't know why this man left me and my mother when I was younger but I has missed the good times.

He looked like he was unsure of what to do, so I pulled him into a hug. "I missed you so much", he said hugging me tightly. When we pulled away he looked happier. "Shall we order?", I asked. "We shall", he said and we walked in line. I looked over at Hayes laughing along with his brother with happiness. He looked over at me and I winked at him. He winked back and I blushed looking down. "Your boyfriend, hold on to him he's a nice guy.", my father said as we stepped up in line. "Yes and what can I get for ya today?", the lady asked nicely.

"A Baja blast freeze please with three Spicy Doritos Tacos and cinnamon twist", my dad and I said in unison. We chuckled at each other. "Is this for here or to go?", she asked. "To go", we said again. "Okay that'll be 15.64", she said and I reached in my purse. "No, no, no it's fine I got it", he said. "Nah it's on me", I said getting money out. "No really", he said and gave me a warm smile. "Okay", I said. He gave her a twenty and she gave him the change and our receipt with the number on it.

We walked back to our seats and I looked down "I know your probably wondering why I called back all of a sudden", he said noticing my body language. "But why? You left all of a sudden and mom died in a fire and they tried reaching you but you didn't call back", I said. "Was it because of me?- "No, no, no not at all. Look Isabelle, back when we were together I had lost my job and your mom lost here too. So we needed money badly", he said. "But you and mom looked always happy", I said. "Your mother was a strong women, she could hide pain and sadness away with a smile. She was good at hiding emotions", he smiled staring off as remembering.

"Back in high school I was a huge troublemaker and I was hanging around the wrong people. So I called back an old friend and he let me borrow some money. But he wanted something else in return", he said sighing. "I didn't give him anything so he and his gang threatened to come after our family. So your mom suggested I get out of town for a while and I wanted her to come with but she refused. She said if you guys left with me they'd kill all of us", he sighed. They called the number and he went up and got our food. He brung it back to the table and I started eating.

"Why couldn't you just get the police?", I said munching on a taco.

"You don't understand, that guy was the head chief of the police. So once I left, I gotten new about you guys and the fire. But I had no idea you were still alive Isabelle, just know that. I moved to Canada and many years later I heard you were alive, healthy, and living. With nine other guys." I gulped. "At first I was gonna rush and get you but, it turned out you were in good hands. And I was in no condition to raise a child.", he said and I sighed.

I had negative thoughts about him for sure, and the dream. I sipped my drink looking down. "I'm so sorry", I said with tears blurring my vision. "There is nothing to be sorry about, he said grabbing my hands. "If anything I'm sorry, I should of at least called. This is all my fault", he said and squeezed my hands. "Isabelle will you forgive me?", he asked. "Yes", I said tears threatening to fall out and I went around the table and he hugged me tightly. "Good", he said and we finished our food. 87% of the time while we were talking about what we do now, I was starring at Hayes. Hey I'm his girlfriend I have a right to check him out.

Once in a while he'd sneak glances over to me and wink whenever Nash wasn't looking. "You really love that guy don't ya", my father asked. "Yeah he's amazing", I said looking down and touching my locket. "He's the reason I'm meeting up with you actually", I said. "I know I talked to him on the phone. He cares about you. I saw you walking hand in hand in here, and when he gave you the locket. And when you helped him when he got nervous", he said. "Yeah, and oh! I want you to meet someone", I said grabbing his hand and dragging it over to Nash and Hayes's table.

"Hey Isabelle", Nash got up and hugged me. "Hey um I'd like you to meet someone. Nash this is my biological father Richard Stone, father this is Nash Grier he helped take care of me. Well adopted me along with the others. I was adopted by Magcon", I smiled.

"Glad to know", my father said. "Well bro it's been fun hangin", Nash said and bro-hugged him. "Izzy-bear", he hugged me. "Richard", he said and shook his hand. "Bye Isabelle", my dad hugged me. "Nice meeting you two." After Nash and my dad left, Hayes and I happily walked back to the car.