ஐ Chapter 19

*** UPDATED!!! EDITED***

The Twilight Saga: Firelight

Chapter 19: Join Us

Bella's POV

****

I didn’t care what she had to say, or what he had to say. I just needed some fresh air, to clear my mind. I ran through the double doors, and was suddenly standing on a balcony. I sighed, and went to sit on the edge. What even was that? I didn’t even have a clue. Tanya just runs up to Edward like she owns him...

I heard someone coming up behind me, but I didn’t care who, or what it was. “Isabella,” I heard a man say in an Italian accent. I turned around to find one of the Volturi members standing a few feet away from me. He had long black hair, and deep milky red eyes, his skin was pale white like every other vampire.

“Uh, hi?” I managed to say. I was too shocked, why was he even talking to me? The Volturi were royalty, or thats what Alice said. It took me a few seconds to figure out, my power! He must want me to join. Maybe it was a good thing? Maybe I could join the Volturi. Let Tanya have her way... but at the same time I didn’t want to be away from Edward, I couldn’t stand to be away from him, and besides we were getting married in a few days!

I shouldn’t let some dumb blonde get in the way of true love, I will fight for him, fight with everything I have! Which is a lot, if she wants him she’s going to have to kill me first. “What are you doing out here?” I asked him, a bit harsh. I was still mad about the Tanya thing, so I felt a little guilty for taking it out on him.

He only laughed. “Now dear, no need to be hasty. I’ve come here to offer you a spot in our ranks,” he said. I thought it over, what if I did join? How does it even work? Would I have to kill humans? If I did I wouldn’t be joining. I would never kill humans, I can’t. I was once a human, and all my friends and family are humans.

“Hmm, interesting offer,” I muttered. “Can I get back to you on that?” I asked him. “I can call you?” I grabbed my cell phone out of my little purse, and opened it. I pressed a new contact. I handed him my phone, and he gave me his. Where did the phone even come from? I didn’t know! I filled out the information, and gave it back to him.

He gave me my phone back, smiling. I looked at my phone, and read everything he typed over. His name was Aro! Hmm, what an interesting name! “Aro, so nice to meet you!” I told him. “I’ll get back to you on that. I promise no later than a week at the most. I’m getting married in a few days... oh how rude of me! Would you like to come? It would be my pleasure to have you there!”

I pulled out a wedding invitation from my purse. Alice made me carry them around, to give them to people. I handed it to him. “Indeed,” he muttered softly, to himself or me? I wasn’t quite sure! He looked over the invitation for a little while, before he chuckled.    

“I would love to come! So happy Mr. Edward finally found someone so lovely as yourself,” He smirked at me, before turning and heading for the door. “It would be such an honor to have you join us. Such power, such beauty! You would be very useful. We’d train you of course, get you set up right away, and of course you’d make real... good friends,” I could only laugh. He really wanted me to join! “Thank you so much, I’ll let you know soon! Keep in touch,” I yelled after him, as he walked inside. He was gone just like that, leaving me alone with my thoughts.

I suddenly got a burst of anger. I didn’t know where it came from, but I knew just the perfect person to take it out on! I threw open the doors, it happen to crash into the ball and break into a million pieces. Oopsie! I stormed back into the ballroom to find Tanya talking with Edward, I noticed everyone in the room had stop to watch me.

“Tanya! I do not feel the same way you feel for me, what do you not get about that?” He said in a pleading voice, he looked really annoyed, pissed off. As soon as she spotted me, she smiled wickedly. She grabbed Edward’s face, and forcefully kissed him.

All of the anger I felt, disappeared. I felt numb. I froze, I couldn’t think straight, I couldn’t even move, I could only stare. The kiss lasted for about five seconds, before I threw her into a wall. I all but forgot about the guests watching I couldn’t concentrate. How dare she kiss him! How dare she kiss Edward, my fiancee!

I pushed Edward back against the the other wall, and turned back to Tanya. I crouched down, glaring at her. “You got a lot of nerve!” I screeched at her, some of the watching guests flinched. She growled at me. “He’s mine! I loved him first, and then you had to come along!” She yelled back at me.   

I only laughed. “Get a hint! He already said he doesn’t want you! Were getting married in a couple days, why don’t you get that through your head?” She snarled at me. “There is nothing to get! Soon he will be mine! Even if I have to kill you in the process!” I heard Edward growl behind me, I ignored him though.

“I’m the strongest vampire alive! Bring it on, every power in this room is now mine. I’m a stealer, one of a kind! You can’t kill me!” I heard her ground her teeth together. “I’ll get my revenge you’ll see!” She said before she walked out of the ballroom. Everyone watched her leave with wide eyes, when she left though they all turned to me.

I looked down embarrassed. I walked over to Edward and wrapped my arms around his neck. The music turned back on, and everyone continued dancing. “Walk with me?” I whispered softly to Edward. He nodded and followed me out to the balcony. Once we got there, I pushed him to the edge.

I sat on the edge, in front of Edward. He grabbed his arms around my waist and started kissing my neck. “Bella,” he whispered in his musical voice. I sighed. I moved my hand to stroke his cheek. “Edward, I’m so sorr-” I started to say but his lips found mine.

I forgot about the place, the time, my life, everything. Just knowing Edward loved me, and wanted me, and I could have him forever made me dizzy, it made me forget about everything else. I moaned, and then suddenly I was slammed into a wall. I wrapped my arms around his neck, and started running my fingers through his bronze hair. He continued to kiss me, his lips moved down to my neck, and then traced along to my jaw, and my collarbone.

I started to take off his tux jacket, I managed to get it halfway off before it fell to the ground. In a matter of seconds the balcony was crowded. I pulled my mouth away from Edward’s and opened my eyes. I found Aro, Jane, Alec, Demetri and Felix staring at us. .  

“Edward! Isabella! How nice to see you, that was some... show back there!” Aro said, a hint of amusement in his milky eyes. I let my feet and hands drop. Edward’s back was to them, so I moved to stand in front of him. Didn’t work though, because he followed me and turned also. His hands tightened around my waist, and he held me tighter to him. As if holding me back.

“Aro, so nice to see you again! Please call me Bella,” I smiled. Edward stiffened, so I wrapped my arms around his muscular arm to calm him down. “Bella, interesting,” He muttered. “Might I ask if you have made up your mind?” He asked in a pleading voice. He really wanted me to join!

“No, I’m sorry, I haven’t! I will let you know though,” I sighed. “Again, it will be such a pleasure to have you be a member of the Volturi,” he said smiling. I felt Edward tense up, I could feel his anger raiding off of him. Oh no! This can’t be happening! I kissed him lightly on the cheek, to calm him down, it worked.

“We’ll talk soon! I’ll give you a little privacy,” he winked, before they all left and went back into the ballroom. Leaving Edward and I alone. Great! Time to face him! I knew he didn’t want me to go, but maybe this would be a good thing? He walked away from me, his back facing me. I could tell he was upset already.    

“Edward,” I pleaded. “Please don’t be mad-” I tried to say, but before I could I was suddenly pushed back up against the wall again like before. “Bella,” he whispered sadly in my ear. “Edward, don't!” I pushed him back against the wall beside me, and stood in front of him. “I said I would think about it. He offered! I’m not doing anything without you. By the way, I love you,” he smiled my favorite crooked smiled.

"As i love you,"  he said before moving  his mouth back to mine.