☀︎Chapter Fifty-Six☀︎

I walked in front of Tommy, leading him towards the blanket on the beach. I turned around to see his reaction when he saw it.

A smile grew upon his face as he ran towards me and engulfed me in a hug with tears brewing in his eyes.

"You really did all of this just for me?"

I nodded in response and grabbed his hand, pulling him towards the picnic.

"I packed us fruit, sandwiches, drinks and crisps so dig in. We can't let the food go to waste."

I handed Tommy a plate and a fork and unpacked the food from the cooler. I put some crisps on mine and Tommy's plates along with a sandwich.

I opened the separate containers of fruit and just laid them out in front of us so either of us coulg grab some when we wanted it.

The food was all really good and I was full pretty fast, as was Tommy.

"You want to go for a swim now," I asked him while putting away the food.

"I don't have my bathing suit."

"Don't worry, I got that covered."

I pulled out his bathing suit and mine from the bag I had brought with and handed it to him.

Him and I walked hand in hand to the bathrooms, pushing each other jokingly. I walked in the women's bathroom as Tommy walked into the men's bathroom.

I quickly changed and walked out of the bathroom with my clothes in my hands. Tommy walked out at the same time.

We linked hands again and walked back over to where our stuff was and set our clothes down before walking down to the water.

I dipped my toe in and the water was freezing but I decided I would mess around with Tommy.

"The water's really warm. Get in."

I timed it perfectly as I pushed him in the water right as a wave came. I watched goosebumps grow on his body after the water hit him.

"THAT WAS SO RUDE. YOU'RE SO MEAN."

Tommy ran up to me and started chasing me. I was hauling ass trying not to get caught by him, but he ended up catching me.

He threw me over his shoulder and ran towards the water, throwing me in.

"Okay, okay, I'll admit, I deserved that," I said while spitting out water.

Tommy laughed and just walked up to me while putting his arms around my waist and resting his forehead on mine.

"I'm sorry for pushing you into the water and telling you it was warm."

"I'm sorry for chasing you and then throwing you in the water."

We both had wide smiles on our faces and were having a hard time keeping our laughter in as we looked at each other.

I pulled away and walked farther into the water, making myself get used to it while pulling Tommy along with me.

I started splashing him just to purely annoy him and he splashed me back even harder.

We both were basically trying to drown each other, both of us failing.

Eventually, we both grew tired and I swam over to him in defeat. He wrapped his arms around my waist again and I put my arms around his neck while putting my legs around his waist.

I laid my head against his shoulder as he pulled me closer to him and held me tight.

"I love you so much Y/n. I hope you know that," he whispered in my ear.

I kissed his cheek and told him that I loved him too before nuzzling my head into his neck. We stood there, swaying back and forth for a little bit before we both got out of the water to go relax.

I tossed him a towel from the bag while grabbing mine as well and then laying down on the blanket.

Tommy laid down next to me and pulled me into his side. I placed the towel over me as a source for warmth and just snuggled into Tommy's side.

I felt myself growing tired and forced myself to get up and pack everything up. Tommy helped slightly but I could tell he was tired himself.

We began the walk back to the house, not bothering to change out of our swimsuits.

This time we walked hand-in-hand but much more tiredly. We weren't messing around, we just wanted to get home and maybe take a nap.

The walk home felt much shorter than the walk to the beach, but we got home in the same amount of time.

I dragged myself upstairs and tossed the dirty laundry in a basket while Tommy was unpacking the leftover food in the kitchen.

I grabbed a towel and rag from our bathroom and left a note on a piece of paper next to it.

"Hey, im taking a shower in our bathroom, you can use tubbos and then we can take a nap or just watch tv together. love you! <3"

I got in the shower and let the hot water run down my body. I washed up pretty quickly and got out to dry my hair and get dressed.

When I went back into mine and Tommy's bedroom, he was already sitting on the bed waiting for me.

I got under the covers and laid down.

"Tommy, can we cuddle?"

"Yea sure."

Tommy moved closer to me and put an arm around me.

"No, get under the duvet."

"What if Wilbur sees?"

"We tell him we're cuddling and that's that."

Tommy got up with a sigh and moved under the duvet and pulled me close to him. I inhaled his scent and snuggled myself into him more than I was before.

Tommy started playing with my hair and running his hand up and down my back. It was very soothing and it made me fall asleep almost instantly.

Tommy's P.O.V.

I got under the duvet and pulled Y/n as close to me as she possibly could. I never wanted to lose her. Ever.

I felt her snuggle into me more and happiness spread throughout me. Words couldn't explain how much I loved this girl.

I've never been so happy with someone even though we've been put through so many obstacles.

I wanted to spend my life with her.

-

-

-