Shipwrecked Chapter 7

I rubbed my eyes and shook my head, but the dark figure did not disappear. I felt my heart start to beat faster and faster as my eyes widened at the shocking sight.

​"Wha-, What is that?!" I said aloud.

​"What is what?" someone asked me.

​"Th-, that!" I said pointing off towards the horizon.

​People started mumbling and pointing. As we got closer, I noticed that the blob started to get wider and wider. Had we gotten close to land?

​The sky then started crackling and I heard a roar. It started to rain again. Oh, great, there's more rain.

​The clouds gradually became louder and louder. I started to see lightning. My heart started beating furiously. What was going to happen? I soon figured out.

Suddenly, our lifeboat jerked harshly to the side. I heard yells and screams all around me. I heard loud crackling and smelled something burnt. Bolts of lightning struck and hit the lifeboats. I was jerked off the boat and into the dark waters.

I felt the cold, icy waters all around. It was so cold; it stung my skin like needles. I was holding my breath. I struggled and tried to reach for anything, but there was nothing but water around me. So I started to calm down and attempted to reach the surface of the water. I started to run out of breath and my lungs started aching. It was taking forever to get to the surface. I started to lose hope as the pain gradually increased, to the point that it was unbearable.

Finally, when I started to lose all hope, I reached the surface of the water. I quickly gasped for breath. I breathed quick and heavy breaths. My heart was beating furiously, and I felt like it would burst out of my chest. I began to focus on my surroundings. I smelled something burnt in the air. I tried to reach for a piece of wreckage, but the currents were pushing me away. I swam furiously against the currents until I realized something really important. Where was Micah?

My heart skipped a beat, and I swam even harder. I swam and swam, gasping for breath. My arms and legs ached, and my lungs still hurt.

"Micah!" I cried. I frantically looked around, but I couldn't see him in the midst of all the wreckage, and the waves were making things worse. I kept calling his name over and over, but no reply came up. After a while, I began that something horrible had happened to him. Then, I heard a voice that made my heart stop.

"Alice?" an all too familiar voice called. I looked all around, frantically trying to find where the voice came from. Then suddenly, I went underwater again. The currents were incredibly strong, and I was dragged wherever they went. After a while, my lungs and throat burned. I tried to surface, but the currents were making it a strenuous task. Finally though, I managed to make it back to the surface, desperately taking in huge, heavy breaths. It was still a tough job keeping at the surface though, since the waves seemed to keep forcing me under. I managed to stay above water for a while, but that all changed as I was suddenly forced under again. Why does this keep happening, I asked myself.

Once again, I tried to surface, but this time, I just felt myself get pushed by the currents. My eyes were open, but it was difficult to see anything. I was still conscious, but everything started to look blurry and strange. I started to run out of breath. Then, I saw a dark figure in front of me.

"Al-...Ali-...Alice...Alice..." was what I heard before; I finally shut my eyes and blacked out.