Letter #9 - "Leaving"

A/N: Hey! Sorry for not updating this in a while, but here you go! Also sorry that it's kind of short!

----------

        Sofia and I sat together in the living room, just as I was about to call my old house where Ally and her husband, Troy Ogletree lived. I was extremely nervous and shaking as I dialled the number that had shown up on the computer screen earlier. In all honesty, I had no idea what I expected to happen. Would Ally pick up? Or Troy? Or no one at all? As I hit the call button and brought my phone to my ear, Sofia saw the fear in my eyes and took my hand in hers to keep me calm. I smiled at her as she did this as a silent form of telling her thank you.

        Much to my surprise, someone picked up on the other end. A male voice asked into the phone, "Hello?" It was Troy, Ally's husband.

        "Hi, um... It's Lauren Jauregui. I was wondering Ally by any chance brought a package up to my house? Someone did it, and I wanted to know who it was." I asked him.

        Troy sighed, then finally responded, "Okay, yes. It was her. Just please don't tell her I told you, alright? You weren't supposed to find that out. Ally is very secretive about anything that pertains to her past life in Fifth Harmony. She came home this morning from Massachusetts, and she's still awake in case you wanted to have a word with her."

        I thought for a minute about what I was going to do. This was probably one of my only chances to ever get in touch with the other girls again, so I decided to give it a try. What harm could I possibly do to the situation? It couldn't get worse.

        "Sure, I'd love to talk to Ally. I miss her." I told Troy.

        "Alright, just give me a sec." he responded.

        There was a long, suspenseful silence on the other line, and I just looked at Sofia the whole time. Luckily she was there to comfort me as I waited, for if she wasn't, I probably would have hung up already. I wasn't sure what to expect from Ally. Was she going to yell at me? Want to make up? I was uncertain. Finally, she answered.

        "Hello?" Ally asked with a timid voice.

        "Hi, Ally. It's Lauren."

        "L-Lauren?" she studdered. "Are you mad at me?"

        "Am I mad at you? Why would I be mad at you? I called to thank you and tell you that I miss you." I explained to her, with a slight giggle in my voice.

        She responded, "Oh. I just thought you were mad at me for buying your old house and for our past."

        "No, not at all. I just wanted to ask you a few things about the package you secretly delivered to my house. It's a collection of letters from Camila, and I wanted to know why you didn't just send the package to me? And why did you go through all of that trouble?" I asked her.

        "Because..." I heard her sigh on the other end of the line. "Because Camila is missing. I was up in Massachusetts looking for her, and I personally delivered the letters to you since I was already there. The reason I ran away after pressing the doorbell was because I was too afraid to confront you. I thought our past made you hate me."

        "That makes sense, but I don't hate you at all. I actually really miss you. We should look for Camila together, and I can pay for a plane ticket for you to come back up if you want? It would give us some time to catch up too. You don't have to if you don't want to, but Sofia is here. You know, Camila's younger sister. She came all the way up from Florida to find Camila." I explained.