Chapter 2: The Meeting

"Rebecca?" Wes jogged out of the house up to Rebecca, who was waiting outside the house on the lawn. She turned to face him; a look of sadness showing, but she tried to contain it.

"Hey, what's wrong?" He approached her, noticing her features. She then shook her head at his question. "Nothing. Uh, hey, do you mind if we talk tonight? I was going to meet up with Lila about something." Even though Wes was concerned, he nodded his head, and Rebecca gave a small smile before leaving in the direction of their building.

~

Rebecca was walking up the stairs of the building to get to the roof before she was stopped by Griffin, who was also heading up to the roof. They exchanged looks before they made it to their destination, and surprising enough, they were both meeting Lila. Rebecca walked passed him, brushing her shoulder against his in a discrete, yet flirtatious manner, as she walked over to a sitting Lila. Griffin followed.

"Did she give you the evidence? Or were you two screwing after the meeting?" Rebecca laughed at Lila's last question before speaking, "She's giving it to one of us tonight. As for us screwing, he'd wish that was what happened after we left, but no, he should tell you." Griffin just stared at Rebecca for awhile, then emitted a sigh as he finally looked at Lila to tell her.

"The police stopped me to let me know how this case is going."

"And?" Lila got up from sitting on the edge of the roof to stand in front of Griffin. In this moment, Rebecca had gotten a text from Wes.

"Uh, hey, guys.. I gotta' go," Rebecca looked up from her phone to look at the two. They nodded, and she soon left the roof, going back down the stairs to Wes' apartment. She knocked on the door, shoving her phone into the right pocket of her black, leather jacket. Wes opened the door, and Rebecca walked right in and sat on his bed, "Did she tell you?" Rebecca sounded worried when she saw Wes' face.

"They're assuming new suspects. Annalise didn't want me to tell you, but you, Sam, and your little gang are the only people that knew of the murder before anyone else."

"That they know of," Rebecca scoffed at his statement.

"Who killed him then? If you're so sure." The two of them stared at each other, almost admiring one another.

"I didn't kill him. You can choose to believe that or not, but you might want to look in a different direction, if you want to find out who really killed Rudy." She got up from the bed and was walking passed Wes, before he grabbed her arm, turning her to face him.

"That night we first met, when Rudy was running out of your room, was that the last time you saw him?"

"When his hands were all bloody? It was. Haven't seen him since." She then, finally, left the room to go to hers. Wes was listening out for Rebecca's door shutting before he left his apartment, making sure to quietly close the door. He left the building, and headed for the Keating household. Once there, he knocked on the door and waited. Minutes later, the door swung open and revealed a voluptuous woman, Annalise Keating. She waved her hand to the side to gesture for Wes to come in, as she stepped away from the door, closing it behind Wes once he entered. They went into Professor Keating's office, and took a seat, to talk about the details of the case.

"You have to let someone know who the suspects are for the case if you're wanting any help, " Wes exlaimed as he got up from the chair, placing his hands, palms down, on the table in between them. Annalise stood up, her arms folded, and stared straight at Wes; tears starting to burn at her eyes before they slowly fell from her eyelashes.

"There are no suspects. They know who killed Rudy." Even with her voice shaking, she managed to have her voice strong, just as her appearance she liked to keep up with.

"Well, who is it?" Wes was so eager to figure this out, hoping to get Rebecca's name clean once and for all.

"Sam." Nothing else was spoken after that name filled the room. The only thing breaking the silence in Annalise's head was the thoughts racing in it. The thoughts soon blurred her mind of what she was or should be doing, so she did what she thought could clear everything, but only made it worse. She kissed Wes. Their upper bodies bent forward over the desk, their lips locked, and her hands on his cheeks. Wes wasn't sure if he should break the kiss or keep it in tact, so he left his flustered cheeks under the palms of her hands, and his lips against hers.

They finally broke apart and just stood there, looking at one another. Wes soon left in silence, leaving his Professor in her office.

Wes was walking home, unsure of what to think of the previous events. He was at his apartment, unlocking the door when Rebecca came out of hers and saw Wes. She turned to lock her door; a smirk showing, which left Wes baffled. Once she was done locking her door and pulling the strap of her bag up more on her shoulder, Rebecca walked over to Wes.

"Next time, you might want to wipe the lipstick off." His eyes went wide at her comment, and she just laughed.

"Hey, it's not like we're official," she shrugged it off and started to walk away, "have fun with her."