D-2

Your P.O.V.

Flashback

"Can I have this dance?"

Flashing disco lights were surrounding the massive hall while a slow beat erupts from the speakers.

It was the last day of College and the school organized a Graduation Ball for us.

Chaewon looked at me, unsure whether to take the guy's offer or not. Well, this wasn't exactly like a prom so we didn't need to bring partners. And even if we had to, me and Chaewon were in the middle of uncertainties at the time.

I gave her a small nod and forced out a smile, then she hesitantly took the boy's hand and they both walked to the dance floor.

To be honest, I was upset. We weren't officially dating yet, but I bet that she knows what I feel for her. Now she's off dancing with another guy instead of me.

"If you were just going to be grumpy like that, why did you bother sending her off to that guy?"

I looked to my right and saw Wonyoung who sat at the empty chair beside me.

"Tch, who am I anyways to tell her to reject the offer? She's not mine." I retorted.

She only laughed as we both stared at the crowd in front of us.

"By the way, have you seen Lia? I haven't seen her ever since Chaewon sat here." I asked her.

"Oh, I caught a glimpse of her dancing with someone as well." she answered.

Huh, so she's got a date too. I'm her bestfriend and I didn't even know about that.

"Well, since we're both alone sitting right now..." Wonyoung uttered.

"You want to go to the chocolate fountain?" I suggested, my eyes widening in joy.

It was a bit dark in the area right now but I noticed how her cheeks got red.

"Y/n-ie..." she giggled and playfully slapped my arm.

"Okay, I will go to the chocolate fountain with you later. But! Let's go dance for now." she stated.

I grinned at her offer, then gleefully nodded my head.

That night, I was planning on dancing with Chaewon the whole time. Unfortunately, some things don't go as planned.

End of flashback

I looked up at the dark sky as the cold wind passed through me. I escaped from the room, since I've been cooped up inside and it was starting to get suffocating.

Thankfully, dad and my sisters went home for a bit and Chaewon was deeply sleeping. So I managed to go out here.

"Are you new here?" a female voice startled me as she sat down at the bench next to mine.

"Uh, I've been here for a few days. Almost a week. You?" I asked in return.

"Meh, been here for a while now. Why are you here?" she questioned.

"Cancer. You?" I replied.

"Tumor." she nonchalantly answered.

I nodded my head slowly and returned my attention to the sky. It didn't show any stars and it was pretty cloudy, maybe it was going to rain.

"I want to be friends with you, but I don't know if I'll last long." she sighed.

"Me either. But, knowing each other's names isn't bad." I muttered.

As I looked at her, she giggled and fiddled in her seat.

"I'm Park Y/n." I reached out a hand to her, waiting for a response.

"Nice to meet you Y/n, even though we probably won't see each other often. I'm Park Chaewon." she took my hand and shook it gently.

"You have the same name as someone I know." I smiled.

"Really? That's cool." she acknowledged.

I was about to open my mouth but a hand suddenly grabbed my shoulder and so I shrieked and jumped in my seat.

"Park. Y/n. What are you doing here?" Chaewon(the Kim) growled.

"Oh, speaking." I smiled sheepishly and scratched my nape.

"Kim Chaewon, meet Park Chaewon. We just met." I introduced the both of them.

"Oh, you're the other Chaewon." she pointed.

"Uh, yeah." Chaewon(the Kim) bowed to greet her. Just then, a thunder struck down from afar.

"Well, it looks like it'll rain soon. I'll go ahead." Park Chaewon waved us goodbye and we did the same.

"Now, why did you go out without telling me?" Chaewon crossed her arms and tapped her feet.

"I just went out for fresh air. I've been suffocated by the air inside that room." I complained.

"But it's getting late. You should've at least told me." she grumbled.

I just huffed and returned to sit down at the bench.

"Ugh... What were you doing here anyways before you met your new friend?" she rolled her eyes and sat down beside me.

"Nothing. Just, thinking." I muttered.

"What were you thinking about?" she asked.

"Do you really need to know?" I sassed and gave her a side glare.

"I'm curious~" she cooed and went closer to me. I scoffed at her sudden cuteness.

"Well, I just remembered our Graduation ball before." I answered.

"Oh, that? What about it?" she questioned again.

I stayed silent as the scene where I saw her dancing with another guy flashed through my mind.

"Wait, that night... Didn't we dance together?" I gave her another glare and shook my head.

"You accepted to dance with another person that night." I reasoned.

She didn't respond after that. It was quiet and cold, as we heard another lightning strike down.

I was about to tell her to go in before it starts pouring, but she took my hand and spoke.

"Dance with me."

I was confused at her words. Not that I didn't understand what it meant, but I didn't get why she wanted to.

"Are you kidding me?" I laughed.

"No. Let's do it. Right now." she stood up and pulled me to the center of the place, then she put her other hand on my waist.

"Chae, it's about to rain!" I panicked.

I removed myself from her hold, but it failed since she held me tighter and closer to her.

"Then let it rain." she whispered.

I had no other choice but to sway with her as we circled around. Slowly, I relaxed and leaned my head on her shoulder, as she hummed a song against my ear.

It was starting to rain, but we didn't care. We danced like it was the last. Maybe my last.

"Baby, I want you to live longer." she murmured.

I felt her arms hug my waist tighter, then I heard quiet sobs from her.

"Please, I'll do everything." she sobbed.

I exhaled deeply and held myself back from her to cup her face. It rained harder but I can still clearly see how her brown eyes reflected mine.

"Okay."