Prologue

“Daddy, daddy!” 5 year old Liara shouted from her room. She was excited and awed by what she had done and she frantically wanted her father and mother to see.

She didn’t know that her father literally skipped a beat when he heard her scream. He ran to her, his heart in pounding and saw her curled up on her bed, her cushion’s feathers all around her and she laughing happily.

“Liara!” He said and she jumped up.

“Daddy! I know magic! Look what I did!” She chortled and then she led him to the bed and made him sit in front of her. She looked at her father, gave him a smile and then she closed her eyes.

After a minute, the cushion that was in front of her blew up and feathers flew all around them.

“Did you see? Did you see? I’m awesome!” She said happily and her father nodded, proud. He knew that if this would have happened to a normal parent then it was scared the shit out them, watching their ordinary child blow up a cushion like that but Liara wasn’t ordinary, she was one of the unique.

“My baby is awesome!” Daniel laughed with her and she got a dreamy expression on her face, she was looking at the feathers all around her and then she looked at her father.

“I wanna show it to mommy, too!” She said ready to jump but her father stopped her.

“She’s with John, darling. And besides daddy needs to talk to his princess.” He said and Liara’s lip wobbled.

“She’s always with John. She doesn’t love me, she only loves Johnny!” She said and pouted. The words hit her father in the gut, how could he tell her that she was right? That her mother didn’t want her in their home? That she called her own daughter a freak? How could he explain the complexities of how special she was to her? How could he explain the cruel and then evil world that waited for her? How could he say all this to a mere 5 year old?

The lightning struck outside and Daniel snatched his daughter in his arms. His time was up, he couldn’t take care of her daughter anymore. But he would make sure someone did.

“Daddy, I’m scared.” She wailed and started crying. Daniel held her tight.

“Lee? Will you listen to me?” He asked her softly. The lighting was waiting for him, he had to go but he wouldn’t without making sure she was safe, without telling her that she was special.

“Yes.” She whispered and looked at her father.

“I love you, Liara. I love you so much and that is why I want you to know that you are special. And what you did, right now? That is going to be our secret, okay? You won’t do that again in front of anyone except it’s completely necessary.” He said and his daughter nodded. She looked at her father and she noticed his eyes shine, her small hand reached forward and stroked his eyes, there was a tear drop on her finger and she raised her teary eyes to his again. Daniel picked her up and took her to the window.

“What do you see, Lee?” He asked.

“I see the moon and the sky and the stars. They’re pretty!” She said and laughed happily.

“If I ever leave you, darling then all you have to do is look at the brightest star and hold on to it, because that would be me looking after you. And the moon, he will be your special friend.” He said and his heart was filled with so much pain. He looked at the black clouds engulfing the sky, he heard the whispers, he heard the death lullaby.

“How can you be a star, daddy?” Liara asked and Daniel looked at his innocent daughter. At that moment he wished she wasn’t the special one and when the lullaby became louder he gently pushed her to her bed.

“It’s time to go to sleep, Lee. Just remember that daddy loves you.” He said, desperate, willing her to look at him and memorize all his features as he did the same.

She kissed her father on the cheek and then gave him a tight hug.

“I love you, daddy, always!” She said and then she fell on her bed and closed her eyes.

He sat down beside her and sang the lullaby, the lullaby which would always remind her of him, the lullaby which would tell her how special she was, the lullaby which was the death of her father.

A/N: A fantasy from me! Lord, it feels weird but I hope you guys like it! Cause, I just had a random idea for this story and if you guy'll like it then I'll continue!

Vote and Comment!