Jongho ✦ Gaston

Series based off my ATEEZ as Disney Villains chapter

Word count: 4,280

DO NOT read or interact if you're under 14

You placed books back onto the shelf, making sure they were in the correct order

You placed books back onto the shelf, making sure they were in the correct order. Every day when someone returns a book, you make sure it goes in its rightful place. You work really hard to keep the library organized and in order. You're only a part-time worker, but you put all your effort into the job.

The door to the library opened, a bell going off signaling a new customer's arrival.
"Welcome." You greeted warmly.
When you turned around your smile dropped immediately.
Jongho strode into the library, his fingers tracing the spines of the books.
"What do you want, Jongho?" You asked, mild irritation lacing your tone.
"I just came to check out some books." He answered, innocently.
"You don't read."
"I do."
"The only thing you read is the drink menu at the tavern." You remarked.
"That's not true. I read books."
"What books?"
"All kinds of books."
"Name one." You challenged.
"Uh..." He trailed off, his eyes searching a nearby shelf. "Gulliver's Travels."
He smiled, proudly to himself.
"What's it about?"
"A man named Gulliver who travels to different places." He answered.
"And then what?"
"He... meets new people."
"What kind of people?"
"Uh..." He trailed off.
"That's what I thought."

You turned your attention back to what you were doing, putting more books in their rightful places. You assumed Jongho had given up, that is until he leaned against the shelf you were currently putting books on. He stretched his arms out before not-so-subtly flexing his biceps, pulling the sleeves of his shirt up to reveal more of his upper arm.
"Aren't you impressed?"
"Not really."
Jongho scrunched his face in response before speaking again.
"How about we go to the tavern tonight?"
"I have no interest in hanging out with a bunch of drunks. Thank you." You declined.
"What if we went somewhere where it's just the two of us?"
"Alone with you? No thanks."
"Aw, c'mon." He pouted. "There won't be any drunks there."
"Again, no thanks."
"I'm not giving up on you, Y/n." He pointed, pushing himself off the shelf.
"You will one day."
"No I won't. Just you wait."

The door to the library opened, the sound of the bell ringing through the shop. You thought it was just another customer until you turned your head.

"Jongho." You sighed, already exhausted by his presence. "What are you doing here?"
"I came to return a book."
"What?"
He held up Gulliver's Travels, a soft smile on his lips. Your head tilted to the side in puzzlement.
"When did you check out that book?" You inquired.
"A few days ago." He answered. "I don't think you were here yet."
"So you read the book?"
"I did." He nodded. "It was actually very interesting. Kinda crazy that he ended up in a place where everyone else was smaller than him. Then he was in a place where everyone was bigger than him. It was interesting."
"So, you did read it."
"I told you I did. What, did you think I was lying?"
"You're Choi Jongho, of course I did."
He chuckled at that. "I was wondering if you had any more recommendations."
"You wanna read another book?" You questioned.
He nodded.
"Oh. Well, what are you looking for?"
"Nothing in particular. I'll read whatever you recommend."
"How about Lord Of The Flies? It's a very interesting book. It's pretty tense."
"I'll check it out." He gave you a small smile before walking off to return his book.