Chapter 1

Depression was something I have been dealing with for a long time. After a while it was hard to hold all of my feelings in. I had scars up and down my arms and legs from my depression.

As I would walk in public I would just get stared at. I could see and feel all of the eyes looking up and down my body.

It felt like I was falling down a deep dark hole. It felt like every time I would try to climb out, the hole would just get deeper. I felt as if the whole world hated or was against me. I didn't know what to do. I could hear my old friends say "Wow, Daehyun is turning into a big weirdo." I would always run away. Finding my favorite hiding spot on the roof of the school and crying.

I was diagnosed with chronic depression when I was 10. It didn't help that my mom killed herself a few days afterwards. My dad told me that it was alright but I knew it wasn't. My dad started slipping into his own world. A year later my dad was taken to a mental hospital and I had to live with my grandparents.

Leaving Busan was hard, I had to leave all of my friends behind. My grandma told me that I would make new friends in Seoul and not to worry. But while I was there every body was avoiding me. I didn't understand why. Until one day, I was walking through school when my eyes met a pair of dark honey brow pair of eyes. The boy smiled at me and I smiled back. I blinked a few times and when I opened my eyes he was walking towards me. "Hi, I'm Yoo Youngjae!" He called out to me. I bit my lip, not knowing why he was talking to me. I had been staring at my feet and when I looked up, there was an angel staring me in the face.