viii. THESE FIRES CAN BE QUENCHED.

ACT i

ACT i. a game of cat-deer and mouse !
CHAPTER viii. ❛ THESE FIRES CAN BE QUENCHED.

 ❜

kyoshi island,
99 ag.

        "COME OUT, AVATAR!" ZUKO COMMANDED INTO THE EERIE SILENCE, marching his rhino further out into the village. The Kyoshi town that they had infiltrated looked completely deserted and Jing-hai was grateful for it. They knew they were coming. From behind the Prince, the prisoner was riding backseat on his peculiar form of transportation. In great disgust, she gripped his waist in order to prevent a fall. What Zuko was hoping to find here was a trade. The waterbender for the Avatar. Killing two birds with one stone, as he saw it. Because with Aang in his sights and Jing-hai out of his hair, he could finally be at peace. "You can't hide from me forever!"

        "I mean, technically, it is possible," Jing-hai commented and she felt the Prince exhale slowly.

"Find him," he told his guards.

         As the firebenders made their way further up the town, they saw a blur of green. Zuko whipped his head to the shape and watched as three shorter figures took down his guards in a matter of seconds. Kyoshi warriors. Jing-hai went rigid now, alert. Excited even. The island had not fled. They were laying, awaiting for their arrival. And that meant that there was a chance to communicate with her friends. Before Jing-hai could even begin to plot her scheme, a fiery girl charged in their direction and headed straight for the prince. The rhino shifted before them. Agitated, it stomped and Zuko yanked on it's reigns. When directed his next command, the animal leapt in the air and spun, flinging the girl away with it's mighty tail.