MUSIC

So I thought I was good in 2011, one of a kind images!

Looking back, it is another story. 

But I started something unique.

Space was celebrated then. The bare whiteness provided a ground forcing the eye towards the only black shapes.

This work seemed too abstract. Passers by could only comment about an indigenous influence and I replied back , " Yes, I received my education in BC"

Would you believe 'Mechanism' was even the topic I titled?! What was I thinking? We always see the immaturity in ourselves when we look back at our lives/history.

Who would really buy this work in that state of execution? I for one would not.

However there are merits hidden here and there, just like the potential in a diamond that needs the master to chip and polish to perfection. And it takes time and this one took a full decade to finally polished up.

So comes 2021, after the work 'Symphony' (not publicized yet) which dragged for 8 years to complete, I began to look back at these unsold and raw drawings

So comes 2021, after the work 'Symphony' (not publicized yet) which dragged for 8 years to complete, I began to look back at these unsold and raw drawings. Influenced by my own self on the blue period and the discoveries of 'signaturisque' lines from Automatic paintings, I adapted a whole new approach.

This is more of a piece of music to the eye. Lines of melody flowing and each line should work with the others. That goes for shapes as well. 

It is then up to the orchestration to land an overall mood. All elements should work together as a whole, physically or spiritually interlinked. 

This was an image and now it is Art. 

May I present: SONATA #1