13: man friend

T H I R T E E N

♡♡♡

Alette's POV

As soon as he finished eating I grabbed our plates and walked to the sink.

"What are you doing?" he asked, getting up.

"The dishes silly," I told him smiling.

He came over and tried grabbing them out of my hands.

"You don't need to do that," he said firmly.

"Nope, you cooked, so I'll do the dishes and you can't tell me otherwise," I said to him, using my best strict voice.

He raised his brow, which caused me to smile. I turned around and started doing the dishes.

He sighed, and went to the counter that was adjacent to the sink, and leaned against it. He crossed his big arms across his chest, swoon, and just stared at me while I did the dishes. His attention on me made my heart pound.

I quickly finished the dishes, drying my hands on a paper towel, I turned to him. He was still staring at me.

I wringed my hands together, he probably wanted me to go now.

"Um s-so I should probably go n-now?" what was supposed to be a statement, came out as a question because I didn't want to leave him.

He looked at me intensely, his eyes searching.

"Do you want to leave?" his voice was rough.

I looked down and shook my head.

"Me neither."

I whipped my head up to look at him, my eyes wide. He wanted me to stay?

I bit my lip, "I don't want you to feel like you have to let me stay, I've taken up too much of your time."

"I don't want you to leave," he says, his tone final.

I smiled shyly and nodded.

Grasso strutted into the kitchen, his tail swishing back and forth. He walked up to my legs and rubbed against them. I bent down and picked him up, cradling him in my arms. He was such a pretty kitty, and his name was so adorable.

I wonder what it meant?

Aresius stared at the two of us, and the silence was overbearing so I blurted out:

"Do you wanna watch a movie?"

My cheeks heated, and his lip twitched slightly. Then, without moving, he nodded. I nodded back and he walked towards the comfy living room. His whole house had dark furniture that stood out in contrast to the white walls. Although there were no pictures or personal pieces in the home, it didn't feel cold or unwelcoming.

He walked into the living room, where there was a black coffee table, a grey sectional sofa, and a huge TV mounted on the wall. There were some shelves and a painting on the wall. The room fit his personality well.

"Um Reece?" I asked to get his attention as he grabbed the remote.

"Hm?"

"Can I u-um borrow s-some c-clothes? My pants don't feel comfy after eating, and I can't watch a movie if I'm not comfortable because I can't concentrate, and then my stom-"

"Alette," his voice interrupted my rambling, I took a breath, smiling sheepishly.

"Come."

He led me to a bathroom that was by the living room, and said, "Wait here."