Packing, longing & bitter sweet flashbacks

"Break time." I announced, speaking to no one in particular. After closing the box I had just finished packing, I ran a hand threw my long purple highlighted black hair and made my way over to the door that led out to the balcony. Using the rail I climbed onto the roof of the Salvatore boarding house, sat down, hugged my knees to my chest and watched the color changing sky as the sun set. Wile Staring out into the distance a sigh past my lips before they curved up to form a small smile. "Beautiful." I whispered.

******FLASH BACK******
"Steffy I need help!!" I screeched as I Peeked into his room. "yes Marleigh, what can I do for you?" Stefan questioned as he got up, walked over to the door and kneeled down in front of me. I held up one small hand. "give me." I told him. Stefan smiled and held out his big hand, placing it on top of my toddler sized one. I then raised my right hand and shoved the long pale purple ribbon I had been clutching into his hand. Stefan looked at the ribbon then at me. "brush and tie pig tails or braid?" He asked. "Piggies!" I told him. stefan raised an eye brow. "And the magic word is...?" he asked. "two ribbons?" I guessed. Stefan chuckled. "Nope but that would be helpful." he said. "some one say they needed a ribbon?" a voice asked. Stefan looked up. "right on time Damon." he said. I turned around. "Damie!!!!" I screeched, running over to him as fast as my stubby legs would take me. Damon looked down at me and smiled. "Hey kitten." He said. I jumped up and down trying to get the ribbon out of his hand. "gimme gimme gimme!!!!!" I said. "what do you say?" Damon and Stefan asked. I stopped jumping, played with a long strand of black hair, and sagged my head, looking up at them from under my thick lashes. "pwease?" I asked. Damon looked at Stefan and Stefan looked at Damon. "you do one and I'll do one?" Damon questioned. Stefan nodded. "yup." he said. Damon looked down at me again. "Up you go kitten." He said, as he picked me up and nuzzled my cheek with his nose. I giggled.
"And just like that... two pig tails!" Stefan said with a grin after 8 minutes of doing my hair. "yay!" I laughed when I looked at my self in the mirror. "beautiful." Damon whispered with a smile. I giggled and hugged them. "I love you guys. Never leave me?" I said. They looked at each other then back at me. "Never." Stefan said. "We Salvatore's have to stick together." Damon said. "Side by side?" Stefan stated. "Always and Forever." I finished.

******FLASH BACK OVER******

As I watched the remaining part of the sun disappear I wiped away a tear. "we were supposed to stick together." I said as four more tears trickled down my checks. "Things change.... I know." I mumbled. But even as I said that, I couldn't get my self to accept it.