"Hot," she explained, her fingers clutching his shirt.

Derek laughed slightly as he guided her towards the door to the living room. "That usually happens with a fever," he said. "Let's get you onto the couch."

"I'm not sick," Meredith shook her head. "We've got to meet with the minister, and graduation is in two weeks, and the wedding's in a month and a half, and...I'm not sick. I can't be sick."

Derek gently eased her onto the couch and ran a hand through her hair. "It doesn't work like that," he said softly. "Just get some sleep. Mom's an expert at taking care of her sick children."

"Don't leave me," Meredith whispered. "I'm tired, but...I want you."

Derek smiled as he leaned forward to press a kiss to her warm forehead. "Don't worry, Mer," he said. "I'm just going to grab you some tea and maybe some medicine. Are you hungry?"

She moaned, burying her head in the pillow. "No food," she whimpered. "Ever again."

"Wow, you really must be sick," Derek laughed. "I've never seen you turn down food."

"Shut up," Meredith weakly attempted to slap his arm.

"I'll be right back," Derek said, squeezing her hand before rising to his feet and slipping out of the room.

He ran a hand over his face as he made his way back into the kitchen, immediately going to the tea pot.

"How's Mer?" Caitlin asked.

"I honestly don't know," Derek sighed. "I've never seen her agree so much to everything I tell her to do. And she's burning up."

"I'm sure she just picked something up from the bug that's been running around," Emma sighed. "That poor girl has so much on her plate, the last thing she needs is the flu. I'll make her some soup."

"She's not hungry," Derek said, pouring the hot water into the mug. "Which worries me even more."

"Well, she needs to eat," Emma nodded firmly. "I'll make her the soup, and once she feels well enough she can eat reheat it."

"Thanks, Mom," Derek smiled. "You're the best."

"It's my job, dear," Emma smiled.

"She's going to fight me about taking her to the doctor," Derek sighed as he ran a hand through his hair. "She hates being sick."

Emma smiled softly. "If there's one thing I know about doctors, it's that they hate to be patients," she said. "Your father was the worst of them all."

"I remember," Derek nodded. "He was always good with me when I was sick though."

Emma nodded. "You're a lot like him, Derek," she said as she squeezed his hand. "Now go take care of your fiancé. That girl has enough coming up in her life, she doesn't need to be sick for it."

Derek nodded as he picked up the cup of tea. "I'm sorry about dinner," he said. "I know you wanted to celebrate Columbia and having us closer, but..."

"Nonsense," Emma said, pushing him towards the door. "She wants you, Derek, now go to her."

"I'm going," Derek laughed. When he made his way back to the living room, he smiled softly as he saw Meredith curled up on the couch, her hair falling softly in her face. He moved to sit on the coffee table in front of her, leaning his face close to hers. He reached out to brush her hair behind her ear before he leaned forward to whisper to her. "Wake up, Mer."

"No," she whispered, curling tighter into herself.

"Meredith, you need to wake up so you can take medicine," Derek whispered, gently moving the tea towards her. "It will help you feel better."